Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Send audio tracks to reason in rewire (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415846)

matiasca 06-23-2021 07:16 AM

Send audio tracks to reason in rewire

Hi!

I just can't find a way to go through this.
I would like to send an audio track from Pro Tools, to Reason, while in rewire mode, process in reason, then get Reason output back into Pro Tools. I'm using reason to process voices and SFX, and I have Reason 10, can't afford Reason rack right now.

Is there any way that I can loopback from Pro Tools to Reason without exporting and importing files?

Thanks §everyone.

jeam25 06-23-2021 07:20 AM

Re: Send audio tracks to reason in rewire

Hi as far as i know you can't do that native. What comes to my mind is to use a 3rd app driver like loopback audio. I think that should do the trick with limitations in reason stand alone.

matiasca 06-23-2021 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeam25 (Post 2605058)
Hi as far as i know you can't do that native. What comes to my mind is to use a 3rd app driver like loopback audio. I think that should do the trick with limitations in reason stand alone.

Hi! Thanks for the input, do you know if that would be possible with Reason 11 or Reason +. I may have access to a trial, then when more projects comes I would buy the new version.

Sardi 06-23-2021 10:55 AM

As mentioned above, you can’t do that via ReWire in Reason. Whilst ReWire technically can move audio and MIDI in both directions, the software needs to be able to work as either a slave or master. In this case, PT only works as a master and Reason as a slave.

Trying a Loopback software may work, but honestly, now that Reason is available as a plugin inside your DAW, that is the way you should be going. It will do exactly what you’re after.

You say you can’t afford it right now. Why not rent it for the next few months until you save up enough to upgrade? Reason is now available as a subscription, so that should tie you over until you have enough funds to pay for the upgrade. Might even be able to time it with a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonaldM 06-26-2021 12:50 AM

The only way to do it is using loop back audio, if your interface allows it. But, to make that work, you can't be in Rewire mode. Instead you need to open Reason first, then Pro Tools. Then, you use loop back audio to send the audio to Reason and back into Pro Tools. Its convoluted, and takes a bit of setting up, and it creates latency.

If you can upgrade to PT 11, then you can simply install the Rack on any PT track and use whatever REason fx you wish. Much easier and cleaner.

Sardi 06-26-2021 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2605620)
The only way to do it is using loop back audio, if your interface allows it. But, to make that work, you can't be in Rewire mode. Instead you need to open Reason first, then Pro Tools. Then, you use loop back audio to send the audio to Reason and back into Pro Tools. Its convoluted, and takes a bit of setting up, and it creates latency.

If you can upgrade to PT 11, then you can simply install the Rack on any PT track and use whatever REason fx you wish. Much easier and cleaner.

You mean upgrade to Reason 11 right? You wrote PT11.

DonaldM 06-26-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2605628)
You mean upgrade to Reason 11 right? You wrote PT11.

Yes, I meant Reason 11. Hey, it was 4am and I was having a sleepless night! :o

Sardi 06-26-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2605674)
Yes, I meant Reason 11. Hey, it was 4am and I was having a sleepless night! :o

Every night of my life. :(