Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   "Tuner" and internal "DSP" doesn't work on Mbox 3 Pro (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=332691)

luckydjacks 12-31-2012 04:41 AM

"Tuner" and internal "DSP" doesn't work on Mbox 3 Pro

Hi,

At the beginning of december I bought a Mbox pro (3G) with Protools 9.
Before installing Protools 9 and upgrade 10, i downloaded and installed Mbox Pro last driver (as AVID told it) => 1.0.19 with firmware 1.0.3.
My Protools 10 works well.
The Mbox Pro control panel shows internal dsp (rev, delay....) and tuner window.

Here is my first problem:
1)I plug my guitar into my Mbox pro ->input 1 => input and master signals are ok.
2)On input 1 -> hardware input FX send + software return FX sends + FX returns + effect duration, feedback and volume -> all knobs turned fully clockwise.
=> no effect sounds out, no signal in FX returns bargraph.

Here is my second problem:
3) When i open the "tuner" window => no signal , nothing happens.

Actually, i don't know if the problem comes from the new driver or my Mbox Pro hardware.

Could you help me to fix this malfunction ?

Thanks
Friendly.

-----------
Mbox Pro (3G) with driver 1.0.19 Firmware 1.0.3 + Protools 10.3.2 upgrade from PT9, ASUS Republic of Gamers G51J + Intel Quad Core i7 Q720 1,60 Ghz + RAM 4,00 Go + Windows7 64 Bit SP1.

Dexxy 05-13-2013 03:26 AM

Re: "Tuner" and internal "DSP" doesn't work on Mbox Pro (3G)

Did anyone solve this problem?

Pinball Wizard 05-13-2013 05:38 AM

Interesting. I don't usually use those features but I checked them and found that mine has the same problems. I'll work on it & post back if I discover anything.

guatamas 05-13-2013 06:34 AM

I have similar issues with mine, when I bought the mb3p the internal tuner and DSP worked just fine, but since the firmware update before 1.0.3 caused this to stop working. This may be a driver/firmware issue. Hopefully someone can chime in with some details

Dexxy 05-13-2013 12:54 PM

And I worked until I switched to v.1.0.19 / 1.0.3. Since then, we do not work .. I tried to go back to an earlier version at but not to downgrade the firmware.

Slidecode 05-14-2013 02:06 AM

I have the exact same problem here! I purchased an Mbox 3 Pro on Ebay and it came with the latest firmware. DSP Fx and Tuner not working! Has anybody contacted Avid about this?

Dexxy 05-14-2013 03:42 AM

I have not contacted Avid. I did not have time. If someone does not contact anytime soon I'll do it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Pinball Wizard 05-14-2013 08:44 AM

I note that the tuner does not work 'stand-alone' ... it used to work that way just fine. That indicates that it is not a driver issue as no computer is involved. I am guessing that this is a problem created by the firmware update.

CHRIS AIKEN 05-14-2013 08:58 AM

Mbox 3 Pro DSP FX Broken?

I have an an mbox 3 and I'm trying to get the onboard dsp effects working in my headphones but it seems like there's a problem. I've read up on it VERY carefully and as far as I can tell it should be working but it's not.

I've read a few other posts where people seem to have the same problem. Is this a known issue with the mbox?

Thanks,
Chris

Dexxy 05-14-2013 09:28 AM

Re: Mbox 3 DSP FX Broken?

:confused: No one answers and there are many people who have this problem after the firmware update ...?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=332691