Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pro Tools 8 Huge Issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=237329)

jdleyden 01-22-2009 12:33 PM

Pro Tools 8 Huge Issues

So I just upgrade to PT LE 8 from LE 7.4. I had no playback issues with 7.4, I could run a ridiculous amount of plugins and would have no problems, wouldn't get the DAE playback error, wouldn't tell me to increase my H/W buffer, nothing.

I upgraded to LE 8, recorded a band, put some plugins on and bam. Increase H/W buffer, DAE playback, I got all of the playback errors possible.

Heres where it gets weird, I opened up a session that I had made under 7.4 it had the EXACT SAME PLUGINS and it worked perfectly, no errors. The sessions where the same bit depth and sample rate, and close to the same length.

Here's my computer specs:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 10 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Thank you for any help you offer

Slim Shady 01-22-2009 02:08 PM

Re: Pro Tools 8 Huge Issues

You probably need to update some (if not all) of your 3rd party plug-ins to PT8 /10.5 compatible versions.

jdleyden 01-22-2009 02:11 PM

Already did, and checked every plugin I own on the compatibility grid.
And it wouldn't make sense for plugins to work in one session and then not work in another session

But thank you so much for the suggestion

DigiTechSupt 01-22-2009 02:13 PM

You need to make sure ALL installed plug-ins are compatible and up to date. The Pro Tools Plug-in Compatibility Grid is where you should start.

You may also need to reduce the number of CPU's in the Playback Engine if you have certain plug-ins installed that are not fully RTAS optimized.

DigiTechSupt 01-22-2009 02:13 PM

I didn't see your last post before mine. Can you please use the Tech Support Utility to generate and post a plug-in version list?

jdleyden 01-22-2009 03:51 PM

I may have found the issue, I noticed that the session was ridiculously long, (Im talking over 5,000 minutes)
Once I deleted the extra it seemed to stop lagging out.
Although every new session I make is just as long... Is there a way to set the session length when creating a new one?

Darney 02-11-2009 05:29 AM

In preferences, set the maximum recording time to 60 minutes. At least that was always recommended on previous versions.

audiogeekzine 02-11-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darney (Post 1351241)
In preferences, set the maximum recording time to 60 minutes. At least that was always recommended on previous versions.

7-15 minutes is what I've see usually
Remember, the drive space is allocated when you push record and trimmed to actual length when you stop.
If there's not enough space on the drive for 60 minutes for each track you won't be able to record.

Violet 02-11-2009 07:10 PM

I'm having the same problem, only mine didn't go away when I put the minutes to 10 :(