Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   MIDI (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sustain messages when recording (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411119)

Samba 07-12-2020 03:58 PM

Sustain messages when recording

Hi,

I'm using Kontakt - Alicias Keys on an instrument track with a Novation Impulse 49 + sustain pedal.

When not recording, sustain pedal works fine.

When I hit record, the sustain pedal stops working, and the instrument track sustain stays 'on hold' - no matter how often I press the sustain down and up, it doesn't work - the sustain message just stays on.

Im running latest version of PT.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

DonaldM 07-13-2020 04:57 PM

Re: Sustain messages when recording

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 2572369)
Hi,

I'm using Kontakt - Alicias Keys on an instrument track with a Novation Impulse 49 + sustain pedal.

When not recording, sustain pedal works fine.

When I hit record, the sustain pedal stops working, and the instrument track sustain stays 'on hold' - no matter how often I press the sustain down and up, it doesn't work - the sustain message just stays on.

Im running latest version of PT.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

That's an interesting one. As simple as this may sound, did you try just turning the Novation off and back on? Or, unplug the sustain pedal and plug it back in? I've had similar issues in the past, and just rebooting the controller and/or unpluggin the pedal and replugging it seemed to solve it. Of course, you'll need to exit PT first, then do the reboot on the Novation, and then reboot PT.

If you've tried all that, or try it and it doesn't solve the problem, then I'm not sure where to look next. Its odd the sustain would work when just playing but then go bonkers when trying to record on the same track with the same VI. Good luck.

Samba 07-15-2020 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2572543)
That's an interesting one. As simple as this may sound, did you try just turning the Novation off and back on? Or, unplug the sustain pedal and plug it back in? I've had similar issues in the past, and just rebooting the controller and/or unpluggin the pedal and replugging it seemed to solve it. Of course, you'll need to exit PT first, then do the reboot on the Novation, and then reboot PT.

If you've tried all that, or try it and it doesn't solve the problem, then I'm not sure where to look next. Its odd the sustain would work when just playing but then go bonkers when trying to record on the same track with the same VI. Good luck.

Hi Donald, yep tried everything. It's happening intermittently. Today I have a different issue that has also been happening intermittently -

My instrument track sometimes does not recognise my sustain message - The sustain message is visible in the instrument track, but pro tools is ignoring it!
Pro tools & midi = weird

DonaldM 07-23-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 2572701)
Hi Donald, yep tried everything. It's happening intermittently. Today I have a different issue that has also been happening intermittently -

My instrument track sometimes does not recognise my sustain message - The sustain message is visible in the instrument track, but pro tools is ignoring it!
Pro tools & midi = weird

I got nothing! Sorry! Not sure where you could even begin to troubleshoot this one. Might let Avid know. Could be some kind of bug with using Novation or something. I have no idea!