Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Renewed, no iLok license. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409278)

clancychris 04-03-2020 01:51 AM

Renewed, no iLok license.

Just purchased another year of support for Pro Tools.

Activated fine on the Avid site and immediately gave me access to 2020.3 (plan expired on March 30th so I was within the grace period).

I have received no updated license on my iLok so I am unable to use the software. I've submitted a case:

I'm sure everyone is busy but I'm really stuck here.

Lundy North 04-03-2020 08:13 AM

Re: Renewed, no iLok license.

Yes, exactly same issue from Wednesday, our case number is around 1560 cases before you, still no reply from Avid.

We have been forced to pay for a separate months subscription for £94, on a different iLok account, that has got us up and running with 2020.3

JFreak 04-03-2020 08:16 AM

Oh my. Escalating this to supermods' attention.. but I think they have lots of delays now as they have a big competence center in Manila, Philippines which is now under lockdown because of covid :eek:

Lundy North 04-03-2020 08:20 AM

Thank you Janne, all understood.

clancychris 04-03-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundy North (Post 2559873)
Yes, exactly same issue from Wednesday, our case number is around 1560 cases before you, still no reply from Avid.

We have been forced to pay for a separate months subscription for £94, on a different iLok account, that has got us up and running with 2020.3

As a workaround, I installed Pro Tools 2019.12 again and it's working for that as I have a valid license on my iLok.

You may have to uninstall Pro Tools entirely and run the old installer though for it to work. I had 2019.12 backed up in my applications. I've heard you can't run both because 2020.3 updates something, however running the old installer must have defaulted this all back so I'm up and running fortunately, just not with the latest version.

clancychris 04-03-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2559875)
Oh my. Escalating this to supermods' attention.. but I think they have lots of delays now as they have a big competence center in Manila, Philippines which is now under lockdown because of covid :eek:

Thanks for the update and the information. The whole world is a mess right now so I totally understand that things are going to be in a bit of a queue. It's just a shame there's nothing being offered due to lack of quick support that we're all paying a premium for but honestly how can any company prepare for what's happening right now.

I just really appreciate the response,
-Chris

clancychris 04-03-2020 10:55 AM

Not sure if this is anything you did but the iLok license has now come through.

Regardless, thank you for helping me out. Massively appreciated

-Chris

JFreak 04-03-2020 11:13 AM

You can thank Jeffro and all the Avid support team for it, I just let them know

jeffro 04-03-2020 11:46 AM

Both should be good to go now. Thank you for your patience and thanks Janne for escalating these!

dtonthept 04-03-2020 02:58 PM

Hi there,

I am suffering from precisely the same issue.

Case number 03918648

Interestingly / ironically, the Avid Plugin Bundle and Falcon are both available in my iLok account, it's just the actual Pro Tools license that is nowhere to be found.

If there's any chance of a similarly expedited response, I'd be most grateful.