Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Sevenlights 06-29-2005 04:13 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

http://evenlight.com/downloads/songs/ram/nothing.ram
http://evenlight.com/downloads/songs/ram/theweight.ram

Here's a couple of samples of my new record. I mixed and mastered it in Pro-Tools LE 6.7 I usually work with SSL's but the studio wasn't available so I made a "virtual board" out of a Millenia STT-1 and an 1176, and ran my sounds through those 2 pieces of gear and back into LE and continued from there. The drums were tracked on an SSL G series with a Radar and the rest was in PT LE, with the same Millenia and UA 6176 through an Apoggee AD-800 into a Digi 002.

Roy Howell 06-29-2005 07:28 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

FSM-
Quote:

Just posting again to see if I can get some more reviews on the songs I posted above.

Here is the link again.

Audio Page

ALL comments are welcomed and encouraged...

thank you,

ALlen

Hi FSM,
Listened to 'Don't Walk Away'...I love the intro guitar sound...I do agree with Doug that the intro is too long...could be cut in half. And though I love that intro guitar sound, it should not continue into the chorus. It would be far more effective in just the intro and the verses. The chorus guitars should be as good, but different, IMO. This gives the original guitar the chance to kick ass each time it re-enters the song.
Very impressive overall though...thanks for the listen.

-Roy

FSM 06-30-2005 01:13 AM

Thanks for the reviews Doug and Roy...

I love hearing outside opinions as you don't hear things that could make your songs better while inside the box.

I will take in consideration your comments and mess with the songs some more...

once again, thank you..

Allen

Buzz Moschetti 06-30-2005 07:32 PM

Hello everyone. I've been away for a while. Is there a good block of posts that is dense with new music?

Voideco 07-01-2005 08:44 AM

Hi all.

Been a while, lots happening here I see.

A friend of mine recorded a song of his on his harddiskrecorder. We mixed it with PTLE 6.4, sending all his channels into my 001's S/PDIF in one go. The guy composed the song, played the bass, drums and did the singing. Had someone else doing the guitars for him. We EQ-ed the tracks using the equalizers from his Roland VS 880 harddiskrecorder. No compression, no mastering. Straight mix.

I saw you

He has some difficulties with the language, to find the right words. He's dutch and still a young lad. Please look through that, I find his voice very professional for this hardcore-style song. He doubled the vocals in two takes.
I'm proud of the mix, we decided to go for more stuff together so we'll see what the future will bring.

Thanks for listening, going to check out all the new stuff here.

Cheers,

Walther

Voideco

superpenguin79 07-01-2005 10:24 AM

voideco: sounds cool, I dig the vibe on that track. I am waiting to listen to it on better speakers when I get back to the studio to really post much about it otherwise.

Voideco 07-01-2005 10:41 AM

Thanks Superpenguin. Yeah I like this vibe too. There are some issues with the mix though, all in all....

Tnx,

Walther.

Roy Howell 07-02-2005 09:10 AM

Quote:

This new track won't please everyone (perhaps not even you, Roy!)....Free-form electronic mayhem, with a rather familiar melody to finish it off..

"Pink and Gold" www.myspace.com/krou :

pk,
So...you stepped into the 'dark zone' with this one, eh?... ...nicely done, with some excellent sounds painting dark colors...and I love 'The Shining'-ish ending. Nice job.

-Roy

SSRJazz 07-02-2005 09:52 AM

Greg and Doug:

Sorry, haven't visited the forum in a few days. I'll try to download the new version(s) and give'em a listen tonight.

Greg: It's hard to say what exactly since it's been a few days since I've listened to your track. If I remember correctly it just sounded like -everything- was getting squished. Without seeing your session or knowing more about what tracks you compressed, what compressor plugin, and what settings you are using.

GregJ 07-03-2005 11:52 AM

SSR -

I went back to the session for the song Steak Dinner Date and took a look at the master fader. I had the Voxengo Analog Flux plugin and the T-Racks Limiter plugin both on the fader. I think that *might be* where the over-compression was coming from.....

I took them both off and the song still sounded good. I must have been a little ear-fatigued while I was messing around with the final mix. I have not re uploaded the song as of yet, but I get your point about the squashing.

None of the tracks themselves had compression on them except for the vocals, which have the UAD-1 LA2A as an insert on the track.

Actually, between the Analog Flux and T-Racks plugins, I think the T-racks limiter is the main offender.

Thanks for your input, though. This forum is the only communication I have with other musicians.

GregJ