Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

groovilator 04-25-2004 12:56 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Aussie, thanks for the props on the T Monk jam. Yeah it was a buzz. And at that time I don't think it would have been possible for me to play that well without those guys! The drum issue is unfortunate and it's because I was working with very little and barely knew what I was doing. I was working for a big, spread out sound on a cassette multitracker so I was bouncing tracks together and stuff which I guess is how they did it in the old days. But now I have no way of pumping up the drum tracks without pumping bass and guitar tracks as well. Que sera sera!

I liked "Here it is!" (Maybe you could actually call it that.) I think it would sound great done for real with some dynamics and real playing and stuff. For the lead it might be cool if you did more of a twangy, Dick Dale type of thing. And then maybe as the tune progresses use other vintage guitar sounds to state the theme, different octaves, some doubling, who knows. But something like this could definitely be licensable to a movie or TV show.

katoramone - you guys are great! I love your singer. He certainly has a unique sound compared to the CobainVedderCornell wannabes we've been subjected to for the last several years. And he's definitly a cut above. Your style of rock reminds me of one of my favorite bands, Fiction Plane (featuring Joe Sumner, progeny of Sting). I'll definitely be keeping tabs on Floozy! As for the mixes I was mostly just listening to the band and not the way it was mixed but there were a couple of issues that popped out at me but I'll hafta get back to you later on that because I've been sitting in front of a lit screen in the dark for an hour and a half now and the sun is shining outside! AAAHHH!! Later!

--------------------
tonyreymusic.com/secret_page...ssshhh

musicalone 04-25-2004 04:53 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Brendamorie.com

Let us know what you think ??

Joe Evans 04-25-2004 05:20 PM

Thanks for the great commments on Little Miami. You are not the first person to mention the Jimmy Buffett similarity. I think more the content and the phrasing than the music, but that's just my opinion. I have another tune called Bimini Summer that really has the ParrotHead vibe. Not intentionally, but it just happened. It is about me getting married on the island of Bimini. (I have also been married a few times). The last one (Bimini) was in the Bermuda Triangle and comes under the heading of "what the HELL was I thinking getting married there?" Anyway, live and learn and get some decent lyrics out of your pain.....

I would love to send you the raw tracks, but I no longer have them. All I have of this and about 6 other tunes I did around that time were the final mixes. (I wasn't expecting to own a digi system myself and saw no reason to save them. Hindsight is so great....)

I am working on several other new tunes that I should get around to posting soon as well as several others from the Little Miami "sessions". Thanks again.

--joe

Gene Backlin 04-26-2004 07:04 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Really nice stuff. The flute playing reminded me a bit of Ian Anderson. She has a real nice voice.

Great job !

Take Care,
Gene

Rabidium 04-27-2004 12:18 AM

Ok, this time for sure, it should be working now...(no guarantees on the rest of the lynx. This webdesign thing is frustrating.)

http://www.byolaf.com/Music/MusicHouse.htm

Let me know what you think... I went into detail in the last post...

Just tell me if it sucks or not!
-Olaf

Alluvion 04-27-2004 06:01 AM

my band is Alluvion. Rock band out of Lexington, KY. www.alluvion.net

badperson 04-27-2004 07:10 AM

toddamo,

"until the end of time" is very cool. Nice vocal melody. What synth are you using? very good vocalist.

captain, I've always espoused the benefits of prescription drugs, I'm glad it worked out for you...."my angel" is a very cool tune. I like the vox.

Joe, I like your song a lot. As for the vox (don't know if you've listened to any of my posts) I think they sound good. I, too, have a; shall we say, **imperfect** vocal style, I think the combination of singing more and getting better at engineering and knowing my own voice has helped me. I actually wasn't wild about that stereo delay affect on the voice, but that's just my opinion. Very good song and good performance, you made the song personal.

rabidium, "the house of slovenly truth" didn't work for me, it was only 24 secs long.

groovilator nice performance on "well you needn't", and you're right, the guitar sounds very good. Burning playing.

Alluvion, very cool sound, very polished sounding production. I thought the vox could come up a hair, but that may be the vibe you're looking for. nice job

I just blew my tax refund wad on a new national delphi resonator. I love it. I'll try to post something with it soon.

bp

Plastik909 04-27-2004 08:55 AM

I have a new mix of my tunes up on line. Multi genre (acid, dub, D&B, breaks etc.) but I think it works.

http://www.feedthemachine.org/NEW_MIX.mp3

Roy Howell 04-27-2004 10:46 AM

groovilator,
Nice jam on 'Well You Needn't'...

Captain_Pants 04-27-2004 02:01 PM

"captain, I've always espoused the benefits of prescription drugs, I'm glad it worked out for you...."my angel" is a very cool tune. I like the vox."

Thanks Badperson, I just added some Violins that my good friend Gene recorded for me here on the DUC, and in my newly undrugged state, I actually mixed the tune... hehe.

Im putting up a new version of it in a few hours if you'd like to hear the correct sounding version.

Thanks for the listen! I appreciate it!

=-BEn