Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

archtop 07-30-2003 08:36 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

My link was locked somehow?

Eddie Young, the drummer for PUG is one of my favorite drummer's .

what do YOU think,
It's a little bit different from what we find on the D.U.C.,
all live,
all at once.
PUG

Gene Backlin 07-30-2003 08:49 AM

Hey archtop,

This is what I got when I clicked on it.

Quote:

The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or proper identification given before the method can be applied.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Take Care,
Gene

archtop 07-30-2003 09:21 AM

Ya Gene
that's what I got when I clicked first time.
clicked again----- it worked.
maybe someone was listening, and it wont let more , ?????huh I dunno PUG
any way there it is again, same link.
check it out , it sometime's work's and sometime's don't.(did on preview post) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
thank's for tryin'

Gene Backlin 07-30-2003 10:09 AM

Hey archtop,

Finally Got It !

Really drives! Good drumming too !

I'm glad I finally got it to work, Thanks for the listen !

Take Care,
Gene

kris whitten 07-30-2003 02:42 PM

just listened to nerd and billies tracks.

Nice job guys, billy may I suggest you duplicate a few of your tracks, and ever so slightly "tune" the sound and play it at the same time as the original. It can make your tracks "fatter"

But I was digging the style/sound of you stuff.

Keep this post rolling !!!

billy101 07-30-2003 03:43 PM

Thanks to blindmelon and Kris W. for taking the time to listen to my tracks --- the kind words are most appreciated.

And good advice, Kris, regarding doubling some of the parts. Sometimes with electronica, I find it tough to bring out any "hooks", as I have so many inter-mingling parts hapenning. I really like the idea of using the double to thicken some parts. Will try that for sure!

kris whitten 07-30-2003 04:35 PM

sometimes "doubling" or "duplicating" the same track makes it appear less "thin" and makes it appear really robust.

just duplicate the track, set mixer level, maybe pan them each hard left/right and then heck., duplicate it again and leave the pan in the middle on the third track.

Are you on reason 2.5?

billy101 07-30-2003 05:02 PM

Hey there, Kris ---

Actually, I'm a big fan of the whole doubling thing. On big ol' guitar stuff, it's something I do almost automatically. On the tune "Writhe", the main synth riff is doubled and panned hard left and right, with the right side delayed by a sixteenth note.

And much as I hate to admit it, I'm still running Reason 1.0. All the sounds are bounced to .wav's (I think it was .wav's), for heavy tweaking in PT.

Thanks for the input, Kris!

Chris Cavell 07-30-2003 07:27 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

LINK FIXED

Okay IntelDoc, I finally switched to broadband!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And consequently have a little webspace to gobble up. So, here's my most recent work. I can't remember the name of this standard, but I do remember the lyrics whenever I hear the melody, hence the odd name. So, without further ado: Egg Basket !!!

BTW, it isn't mastered or trimmed yet, so please excuse the rawness. Any comments on the mix will surely be read. Thanks in advance.

IntelDoc 07-30-2003 07:58 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Ok, Mr. Broadband boy. First comment is that the link did not work [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Second, take a listen to the top 2 songs I posted above will ya. Just as a time killer while ya fix that link..

Talk to you later,
Also, I sent ya pics of my studio stuff. Check your email.
-Doc [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]