Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Cavet Your Eruptor 02-09-2003 01:58 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Hi All!

Any advice, impressions, criticism, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

"Past Performance" is the newest song, but comments on the others are welcome!

www.mp3.com/cavetyoureruptor

Thanks!
CYE [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Voideco 02-09-2003 02:20 PM

Joz....!
Shivers all over!
Good balance between instruments and voice. Not that much of of a professional comment from me but you touched the string. Hope to get productive myself again after a couple of months, like your song. Without any technical point of view; just the way it sounds to me is in one word: great! A good song with no false pretences! Downloaded it and added to my DUC-collection>
Voideco

Roy Howell 02-09-2003 03:09 PM

Great job all the way around, Joz... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Scoobster 02-09-2003 04:59 PM

Outstanding Joz.

Nothing to add from me.

Joz 02-09-2003 06:08 PM

If anyone cares...someone asked what I used for the vocal chain, and I posted alittle more then that in the treat "heres one more".

Joz

YOUNGMOESES 02-09-2003 06:31 PM

www.zebox.com/youngmoe

the song is called ECHOES...and unlike someone said before THERE IS NO CURSING!!!

i'm the cat with the deep voice, i also produced this...turn down the bass tho' as this is a rough draft and i forgot to eq out the over-bass

bi0force1 02-09-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by YOUNGMOESES:
www.zebox.com/youngmoe

the song is called ECHOES...and unlike someone said before THERE IS NO CURSING!!!

i'm the cat with the deep voice, i also produced this...turn down the bass tho' as this is a rough draft and i forgot to eq out the over-bass

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">F**KIN' A MAN, i dont usually like music like this but the first lyrics you hear sound awesome......my friend brian said it best when he said "it sounds like a broken record"......

i personally love, good job [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

stut5 02-09-2003 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bjoneill74:
Here is one of my first Pro Tools mixes.
It's a demo of a tune from my band that we will actually start tracking the drums for in a few weeks.
I think there will be a few issues here.
1. I need to get a set of good monitors.
2. The drums were tracked to a Roland VS880 then dumped to a stereo mix and imported into PTLE
3. This music isn't your normal pop style stuff.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

http://weasel.doughmein.net/~lo cweb/music/dem0/countingsand.mp3

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I loved this tune.You guys rock.The only thing missing IMHO was a screaming solo(keys or guitar or both).You guys are bringing back a progressive sound with edge.If I were to play keys in a band again this is exactly what I would be interested in.Thanks really good stuff

bjoneill74 02-10-2003 06:07 AM

stut5,

Thanks for the comments. Funny you mentioned the lack of a solo. We were talking about that the other day (lack of solos in the songs). So perhaps that will be addressed. We are supposed to start tracking for the entire CD soon.

soundsurfr 02-10-2003 08:50 AM

YoungMoeses - Interesting track. Really cool work on the vocal effects. At the end, the track breaks down into that keyboard/drum thing that sounds too "Midi". If you can get the basic track to sound a little more "street", I think this would catch some attention.

Nice job.

Bjoneill - Progressive lives! Very cool song. The vocal seems a little too dry and out front compared to the rest of the track. Great BG vocal arrangements and chord work.

Love it. Good luck with the CD, and yeah, a solo might be nice.