Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lost Omnisphere and Trilian (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=311218)

Ludia 11-06-2011 04:20 AM

Lost Omnisphere and Trilian

Hi all,

I took the plunge and installed PT10. The installation went smoothly however I seem to have lost my VI Omnisphere and Trilian and structure LE. My other plugs like the Waves plugs, Play from EWQL and the NI Complete 8 plugs are all there.

I noticed the DAE digidesign folder in common files stayed where it is after the unistall of PT9 and for the new installation there is an Avid folder created but no DAE one, there is however a Plug-Ins fodler but that only contains the aax plugs (three of them).

My question is how the new folder structure looks like and what goes where ? Do I need to copy the dmp and srs files to some new location of my lost plugs or what do I need to do here ?

I have MPTK2, do I need to reinstall that as well ? Are there new installers needed for the plugs from MPTK2 in PT10 like I had in PT9 ? I'm a little confused here and it's not realy clear in the documentation. I also could not find any seperate installers (like for example Structure LE) in my Avid account.

Any help is highly appreciated.

rockridge 11-06-2011 06:57 AM

Re: Lost Omnisphere and Trilian

See if the installer moved those plugs to the unused plugs folder.
They're RTAS, so just move them back to their original location.

If not, do a search...

Ludia 11-08-2011 07:11 AM

Right, I think I got everything setup again as I had before.
The only thing still missing is my Structure LE from the MPTK2.
Eleven LE and TL LE are present and working....weirdness

Something completely different I noticed is that after a while running PT all of a sudden it lost connection with my AxiomPro 61. Happened already a couple of times. Pretty inconvenious because the only way is to restart a new session of PT. Did not have this in PT9, anyone had the same ?

kristofori 11-09-2011 02:47 PM

I can't get Structure LE to show up either, but Structure Free has directed itself to my Structure library folder.

I have Stylus RMX and it works fine on 10. I've been interested in getting Omnisphere, but this worries me if it won't show up in 10.

Ludia 11-10-2011 12:32 AM

You won't be disappointed in getting Omnisphere. It is absolutely awesome. The only downside I find is to run it stand alone you still need a host of somekind. For live performances this is a downside.
It will show up in PT 10 just as Trilian does.

My findings with PT 10 is that it...
  • sometimes losse connection with my Axiom Pro 61
  • It crashed a few times opening a PT9 session
  • after a while using several VI's it becomes a little sluggish
  • opening a PT9 session takes a while before the waveforms are calculated
Other then that it is a nice piece of software, the Clip Gain and real time fades is a huge advantage in my workflow.

Oh yeah, Structure LE is still missing. :(