Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Avid Link not showing updates available (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415066)

DonaldM 04-21-2021 09:20 AM

Avid Link not showing updates available

When I went to update my PT from 2020.11 to 2021.3, I noticed that Avid Link doesn't show I have any update for PT available. However, in my Avid account, I do have the update available to download, which I did.

I thought AL was supposed to manage all our updates for us so we wouldn't have to do it the old fashioned way with direct downloads? So why would AL not show I have the update available when it is right there in my account?

(and, yes, I made sure I was logged in to my account through AL)

Thanks

jeffro 04-21-2021 10:36 AM

Re: Avid Link not showing updates available

It should reflect the products/versions in my.avid.com/products (I've been using it for all updates/installs for a while now). If you haven't installed the new version yet, click Clear Cache Files in Preferences then sign in again and let us know the results. Thanks!

DonaldM 04-21-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2600203)
It should reflect the products/versions in my.avid.com/products (I've been using it for all updates/installs for a while now). If you haven't installed the new version yet, click Clear Cache Files in Preferences then sign in again and let us know the results. Thanks!

Jeffro, Thanks for the reply. I think something must have been corrupted with my Avid Link app. So, instead of wasting a lot of time troubleshooting, I just uninstalled it, redownloaded it from my Avid Account, reinstalled, and now it all seems to be working. At least as I type this, Avid Link says its downloading PT 2021.3...so, we'll see.

jeffro 04-21-2021 03:59 PM

Thanks for that info. Most likely an issue with the cache, so if that ever happens again a quick Clear Cache Files in Preferences should fix it.

albee1952 04-23-2021 04:29 PM

For me, Avid Link works just as good as Cloud Collaboration(as in, it really doesn't work):p:p

DonaldM 04-29-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2600454)
For me, Avid Link works just as good as Cloud Collaboration(as in, it really doesn't work):p:p

Tell me about it. It took 8 (EIGHT!!!!!) attempts to finally download the update through AL. Then it got to the install function and it just sat there and sat there. After 1/2 hour I gave up. Well....when I closed AL, I discovered to my chagrin that there was a pop-up window BEHIND the AL screen so I never saw it telling me I had to uninstall my current version of PT first. In other words, for 1/2 hour it just sat there doing nothing because I needed to delete PT, but the alert telling me to do that was hidden behind the AL window. Finally, I uninstalled per instructions, then AL did the install...which still took a good 20 minutes.

Avid really needs to change how AL handles updates and installs. Why on earth would an important pop up alert be hidden behind the AL screen in the first place????!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

albee1952 04-30-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2600864)
Tell me about it. It took 8 (EIGHT!!!!!) attempts to finally download the update through AL. Then it got to the install function and it just sat there and sat there. After 1/2 hour I gave up. Well....when I closed AL, I discovered to my chagrin that there was a pop-up window BEHIND the AL screen so I never saw it telling me I had to uninstall my current version of PT first. In other words, for 1/2 hour it just sat there doing nothing because I needed to delete PT, but the alert telling me to do that was hidden behind the AL window. Finally, I uninstalled per instructions, then AL did the install...which still took a good 20 minutes.

Avid really needs to change how AL handles updates and installs. Why on earth would an important pop up alert be hidden behind the AL screen in the first place????!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Oh yes...that little wonder:p:p I now glance at the task bar during any installs in case I see some flashing(which USUALLY happens when something is hiding that needs attention).:o

JFreak 04-30-2021 09:14 AM

Why don't you guys use Avid Download Center?

albee1952 04-30-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2600948)
Why don't you guys use Avid Download Center?

For me, its just habit. If I need to download, I log onto my MyAvid account and find what I need(old habits die hard):o