Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

badperson 07-03-2004 05:46 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Here's a new mix of Heart Sing.

I'm as done as I'm gong to be in the near term with this, I nudged the drums as people here recomended, and the nice folks on nikki's forum gave me some good feedback. I have a couple more I'm working on this weekend, Hope to post in a couple days.

Everything that's been posted here has been great, Chris, was that you with the jazz trio? that's the best one yet, actually all your stuff was terrific, I'd definitely pay for your quality of work.

Lots of great stuff here.

bp

Roy Howell 07-03-2004 08:07 PM

scottedog,
Man, I love 'All is Fair'...it's great, and the vocals are cool because the honesty comes across so well (much better than perfect pitch with no feel). The simple instrumentation and the arrangement are great. 'Bobo's Oboe' is cool too...very interesting piece.
Well done, IMO.
-Roy

scottedog 07-03-2004 09:47 PM

Roy,

Thanks very much, if singing is all about confidence then you just gave me a boost.

That was also my first time playing a mandolin, a friends Dad lent me his Martin mandolin, wwwaaaayyyy too much fun!

Roy Howell 07-04-2004 09:28 AM

Eddie D,
Just listened to both 'Touch' and 'Uh Oh'...quite a genre gap between smooth, mellow jazz and rap...nice job on both recordings...Is your friend/instructor the sax player on 'Touch'? Good job.
-Roy

Roy Howell 07-04-2004 11:45 AM

This is interesting...done with existing samples I've created. It's raining here today, so...perfect setting for this.
-Roy

Desperation Beauty

Eddie D 07-04-2004 12:04 PM

Hiya Roy,

Thanks for checking them out. Yes, the sax player is my audio instructor (Bill Simmons) at Southern Ohio and is also a member of the group Midnight Star. Not sure if you know or remember the song Freakaziod but he also co wrote that and played the keyboards. So I feel pretty fortunate:) to say I have had a chance to record and mix his stuff.

I have been on here for a good six months and am always dl peoples work here including yours and this is a great thread to post music. I just never knew how to get my stuff out there on the web for people to hear till I saw someone recently direct others to the yahoo briefcase.

I use this thread as a tool and watch the comments on mixes and see if I hear the same things sorta ear training. Very talented people here. I dont comment on here I just listen and try to get pointers, when I get more experience I will throw my 2cents in:) As far as peoples creativity on here its amazing.

Thanks again
Eddie

Roy Howell 07-05-2004 06:23 AM

badperson,
The new mix of 'heartsing' is much improved from the first mix snippet I had managed to download. It's a good song, good lyrics...anxious to hear what's next.
-Roy

badperson 07-05-2004 06:40 AM

thanks,

check out nikki's forum for the "overcompression spanking" I recieved, some great advice. I'm ftp'ing the session to Chris Cavell as we speak, I'll look forward to see what he does with it.

bp

Roy Howell 07-05-2004 07:11 AM

"overcompression spanking"...

Chris Cavell 07-05-2004 07:19 AM