Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

guitardom 01-17-2014 01:52 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CME (Post 2122501)
Whoa. Flashback. The lead singer of a band I was in decided to buy one of those Roland vs-1680's. After he left I got the duties of trying to use it. Luckily the singer had printed off the entire manual. It was like 200+ pages. I already had a mbox by then too. So I didn't use it too much. It was a hassle for sure.

Yeah, hassle is an understatement!! Figuring out how to burn cd's could take days!! I bought mine in 97-98 somewhere and sold it around 01, when I had access to multiple Pro Tools rigs.

Benoni 01-17-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2122458)
There is NO exact in Rock n Roll!!!

If I have it open or whatever and its right there, its one thing. But I have one of my racks in arms reach with my most used or tweak gear such the Eleven rack, Eventide h3000, distressors, etc. But If I have to launch anything just to change a distortion pedal or tweak a delay, I can do it quicker on the face of the unit.

May be no exact in rock 'n roll, but there is an exact with the Eleven Rack to my ears. Some of the parameters make all the difference is they are just 0.2 either way.

Thats whats so great about the Editor, its also faster for me to type in a couple numbers than switch effect pages and knobs on the front panel.

I can have my guitar in hand, a pick and use the mouse and keyboard without ever putting anything down or reaching for a knob.

I don't have the problem of having to launch something just to make a change because PT is always open here.

The addition of a standalone editor is the perfect solution. If you prefer to use the front panel - continue on. If you prefer to use no DAW and an Editor, now you can. If you prefer to use Pro Tools 11 and an Editor that's possible now too.

It took Avid awhile, but the wait is almost over :cool:

NAMM is not too far off. :-)

Benoni 01-17-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CME (Post 2122501)
Whoa. Flashback. The lead singer of a band I was in decided to buy one of those Roland vs-1680's. After he left I got the duties of trying to use it. Luckily the singer had printed off the entire manual. It was like 200+ pages. I already had a mbox by then too. So I didn't use it too much. It was a hassle for sure.

:D

I had a Boss BR-1600CD

Use to mic a guitar amp, bass amp, a few drum mics and kick triggers, and run a mic into that thing.

We had 3 or 4 sweaty guys in a 10X14 room along with all the gear INCLUDING a double bass drum kit.

Those were the days :rolleyes:

Man it was LOUD in there! :eek:

guitardom 01-17-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2122504)
May be no exact in rock 'n roll, but there is an exact with the Eleven Rack to my ears. Some of the parameters make all the difference is they are just 0.2 either way.

Thats whats so great about the Editor, its also faster for me to type in a couple numbers than switch effect pages and knobs on the front panel.

I can have my guitar in hand, a pick and use the mouse and keyboard without ever putting anything down or reaching for a knob.

I don't have the problem of having to launch something just to make a change because PT is always open here.

The addition of a standalone editor is the perfect solution. If you prefer to use the front panel - continue on. If you prefer to use no DAW and an Editor, now you can. If you prefer to use Pro Tools 11 and an Editor that's possible now too.

It took Avid awhile, but the wait is almost over :cool:

NAMM is not too far off. :-)

I do a lot of my intense practices without Pro Tools on, or its on and monitors off. Have memory locations created I can recall without looking at the screen. I cant have the distraction when running my 64th note Petrucci runs at 150 bpm!! ;)

Plus when recording seriously, I have to be back away from my computer and monitors as the RF interference is always there.

musicman691 01-18-2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2122524)
I do a lot of my intense practices without Pro Tools on, or its on and monitors off. Have memory locations created I can recall without looking at the screen. I cant have the distraction when running my 64th note Petrucci runs at 150 bpm!! ;)

Plus when recording seriously, I have to be back away from my computer and monitors as the RF interference is always there.

Even with humbuckers? The Texas Special single coils in my SRV Strat are the only ones that give me any kind of RF problems. And that's only because of the noisy power transformer across the street:mad:

Deansy 01-18-2014 11:14 AM

Kinman pickups and Dimarzios Area 58 pickups are worth a try. I have a set of Kinman wood stock. They're dead silent and sound as good if not better than the best of the best true single coils.

Darryl Ramm 01-18-2014 11:19 AM

Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

I gave my son my old Mexican strat and we fixed it up and installed Area 58 and 59 pickups in it, great hum cancellation, and very nice sounding pickups (better than Fender noise canceling). It also has full copper foil lined cavity and a copper backing on the pickguard. All that was done to stop noise when he was playing near his iMac. It totally fixed that issue.

The worst electrical noise generator in our house is the refrigerator. If I could drink warm beer that thing would be turned off.

YYR123 01-18-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2122791)
The worst electrical noise generator in our house is the refrigerator. If I could drink warm beer that thing would be turned off.

Nice

dsearles 01-18-2014 12:22 PM

What email are you folks referring to? Can you post its content?

Darryl Ramm 01-18-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsearles (Post 2122822)
What email are you folks referring to? Can you post its content?

Just an email that went out to some users prematurely announcing the stand alone editor being available, which it is not. All you need to know is already in this thread. The email won't help you.