Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

kelco83 01-17-2014 11:34 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2122429)
I am going to guess you never had to tweak a Digitech RP 10 or 12 in the middle of a live show!!! :D

That would be correct, lol.

guitardom 01-17-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2122445)
I'm much faster with the Editor than the front panel since I can double click many parameter windows and input exact values.

Plus my 11R is just out of reach so I have to lean way over to get to it.

The front panel is plenty fast, but I like the exactness of the Editor and being able to type in exact values.

There is NO exact in Rock n Roll!!!

If I have it open or whatever and its right there, its one thing. But I have one of my racks in arms reach with my most used or tweak gear such the Eleven rack, Eventide h3000, distressors, etc. But If I have to launch anything just to change a distortion pedal or tweak a delay, I can do it quicker on the face of the unit.

YYR123 01-17-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmost (Post 2122302)
.....I am saying this though, it's easier...way, to edit 11R with the PT software editor - hands down.[/I]

Amen brother - picture is worth a thousand words

christophersad 01-17-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2122458)
There is NO exact in Rock n Roll!!!

If I have it open or whatever and its right there, its one thing. But I have one of my racks in arms reach with my most used or tweak gear such the Eleven rack, Eventide h3000, distressors, etc. But If I have to launch anything just to change a distortion pedal or tweak a delay, I can do it quicker on the face of the unit.

H3000 sbav sbav neeeeed!

YYR123 01-17-2014 12:48 PM

is it namm yet?

guitardom 01-17-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelco83 (Post 2122448)
That would be correct, lol.

I had years on older boss, digitech (roland), art, zoom, and other terrible processors with HORRIBLE user interfaces before I could get a "real" amp. Then our drum machines at the time such as the Boss DR5 had about the same friendliness to navigate!! Then when I moved from tape to digital, my first digital recorder was a Fostex DMT8vl (16 minutes of record time) which was about impossible to naviagate. I then moved to a Roland VS1680...not sure if you used those, but it was a crazy maze to get though. This was around 2000 and decided it was time to move to computer recording!! Ever navigated an Eventide h3000?? We could only have dreamed any of this gear would be as easy to navigate as the Eleven Rack.

guitardom 01-17-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2122472)
is is namm yet?

Nope, but I am headed that way come Wednesday!

guitardom 01-17-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christophersad (Post 2122463)
H3000 sbav sbav neeeeed!

Talk about a unit that is terrible to navigate, but I cant get enough!! After you get one, you wonder how you lived without it!!

christophersad 01-17-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2122479)
Talk about a unit that is terrible to navigate, but I cant get enough!! After you get one, you wonder how you lived without it!!

its hard to dial in but once you get it......too bad i cant afford one or it want be digital lsd for me...
:mad:

CME 01-17-2014 01:40 PM

Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Whoa. Flashback. The lead singer of a band I was in decided to buy one of those Roland vs-1680's. After he left I got the duties of trying to use it. Luckily the singer had printed off the entire manual. It was like 200+ pages. I already had a mbox by then too. So I didn't use it too much. It was a hassle for sure.