Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 10-24-2001 09:57 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Some have already heard this, but this being Halloween, might be a good time to post it again. The 'instruments in your garden-sheds' Cirx is referring to are glass jars filled with broken glass, from which I created samples for the percussion...

Anyway... 'Goblin's Moon'
http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/

Voutsonios 10-25-2001 05:00 AM

Well Mike (IOP Drummer)

i ll say it one more time in public - KILLER SONGS - all of them - i can wait to hear them with vocals
i prefer the sounds from "mad at the world"
and as a drummer you kick ass!!

well done

Voutsonios 10-25-2001 05:22 AM

Joz
Cool songs - i feel like im travelling when i listen to the way that i am [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
cool website too

Roy Howell 10-25-2001 09:43 AM

nqMike,
You already know I'm a fan. I'm spreading the word in Memphis about Capitol Air....

IOP Drummer,
Great example of excellence in percussion. In your arena, you guys certainly must be considered royalty...... Being a guitarist, I think I like 'Behind My Eyes' the most, because those 7-string guitars seem more present than on the previous songs(in which they still sound great). Tuff stuff....

And Joz,
GREAT songs...because of great guitars, vocals, and productions. Thanks for posting them, and I wish you the success you guys deserve......

Thanks to each of you,

Roy

Joz 10-30-2001 12:38 AM

Thanks everyone!! I wish I could hear your stuff too, but my connection is very slow.
This Friday My band is recording the new songs, with have a more organic feel, and as I get more used to work with PT the next mix will have more warmth... and for those in L.A, our next show will be Nov. 9th, and the GIG in Hollywood, more info: www.modernamusement.net and It would be nice to meet you
And yes, Julie has amazing stage pressence

Joz 10-30-2001 12:43 AM

sorry about that, I ment to say "will have a more organic feel" and "at the GIG", thats what happens for posting at 1 am

Roy Howell 10-31-2001 02:02 AM

Here's a little piece I wrote so Quikdraw/Mike and I could work together. I wrote the bulk of it, and then he laid down the bass. I take full blame for this little ruff mix.

I mean it has flaws, but we had fun. It kind of bumps along, thus the title.

Roy

'Bumper'
http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/

GP 10-31-2001 09:40 AM

Nice little piece Roy. You like the slide, don't you. I've heard you use it before in another song. I did keep waiting for an EJ style lead to break into the song halfway through.....just a thought. Great writing skills Roy. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Craig Betteridge 10-31-2001 11:17 AM

Ok ...I would like (tentatively) to invite you to check out my first mixing effort in PT using a Digi001 (just borrowing it - looking at maybe buying one).

This is the first time I have let anyone other than close friends and family listen to my stuff so go gently... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

anyway, if you have a few spare minutes then check out Logiccal Insanity - Breathe for you

Sorry, but the intro is pretty long - if you get bored skip to about 2 minutes into it!! (not saying it gets any better, but you do get to hear some singing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks
Craig

Canteenboy 11-01-2001 12:32 AM

I just couldn’t pass up replying to this thread. Roy, thank you very much for starting it. I have listened to some amazingly great music over the past couple of days because of this thread. At first, I was very amazed at the variance in musical tastes and styles represented here. I don’t mean to climb on a soapbox with this, but I’m very impressed at how well everybody receives each other’s music. I’m yet to read any responses that are negative or in general bad taste. It says a lot about the people out there in the world creating art and taking the time to appreciate other art. I recently finished my first PT track and I admit, I was very hesitant to share it. It’s a little nerve racking to take something into which you’ve invested a lot of thought, emotion, time, and (dare I say it) money and just throw it out there. But this thread has prompted me to post my track for all to see. It should be available in a day or two, so go easy on me. I really appreciate any feedback you people can offer. And please keep the tracks coming…

-Jay