Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 02-23-2002 11:58 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

I'm in the process of creating samples using just my Strat and PT. Here's a sample of some of what I'm doing.

'Jamaican Rain' http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/Jamaican%20Rain.mp3

bexarametric 02-24-2002 01:13 AM

Here's my latest

www.geocities.com/bexarametric /home.html

da BaSsTaRd! 02-24-2002 05:47 AM

roy, great stuff... love the panning. gives it a swirly effect.

bex, phat... i like the GWB sample....

flashbak 02-24-2002 08:55 AM

Hi Roy,
I really like the feel and sound you got on Jamaican Rain. Would appreciate details of the recording process (plugins the works)! Really nice tune!

Regards,

Jeff
P.S. A Strat player here also.

Mark_Knecht 02-24-2002 10:10 AM

Hey all,
Boy, it's been way to long since I attempted to catch up on this thread. There is so much good stuff going on here. I haven't had enough time this morning to try and listen to everything, so I'm just picking out a few over the last couple of pages. Think I'll have to burn a CD and start listening at work or something. (Interesting idea - DUC CD's!)

That said, here goes:

Dr. John: Ordinary Girl - Liked the tune a lot.

tcnort: HeyYeah - Very fun. Good sound, good tune. My wife walked by and asked where the CD was so she could listen to more.

Milco: Please do more work like 'Air'. I could listen to this stuff for hours. You're a talented guy. Keep going.

soundsurfr: Ran across 'Forward & Back'. Don't know if this is what you wanted me to find, but I'm sure glad I did. Bookmarked it to check out the others soon. Is this all Pro Tools? I like the forward/backward things especially right around 2:30. Great job.

Bastian: Basket Case - cool tune. Multiple listens. Unfortunately couldn't get 'Use Your Love Tonight' to play. Tried and tried and tried. If Roy likes it, I want to listen...

Darren: Al is a good harp player, isn't he?! You captured a great sound there.

gracepoint: I like the energy here. Cool stuff. (Sunday morning - can't give it enough volume to do it justice!) Like the guitars in D.I.P.

bey12: Clutzy - fun track - I like that I can't quite get my footing when listening to it. Lots of fun stuff in there. David Byrne, circus music (!! My thought anyway!!)

Lethargy: Mike - your stuff is so sonically different. (Good different!!) Some good sounds here. I like the beginning of "Two Good Mix". The guitars sound great. "Goodbye" has a sound all it's own. Again, guitars, guitar, guitars! Where did you find these English guys in New Jersery. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Da BaSsTaRd: As you already know - Kinky Reggae is very cool and your work is great.

Kamurah: Hsuiede is a very good track. I like the way it builds a lot. I like that the energy feel positive. I will definately be back to listen to more. Bookmarked.

Roy: Tried to listen to some legendary music this morning but the server isn't cooperating. Will try again later.

bexarametric: Sweet Dreams has a nice feel. How much are you doing in Acid vs. Pro Tools? I'll be back and check more of your library out later.

Anyway, I've sent a nice hour this mornign checking stuff out. I feel like it's time for me to do some more music muself. Thanks for sharing guys. This is all so energizing!

Cheers,
Mark

stut5 02-24-2002 06:43 PM

I love it kinky funky reggae girl background vocals are as good as zappas apostrophe album.The only critique I have is your bass could be a little louder-of course I love loud bass.Cool song great sounding drums A+.I will be posting my stuff soon.Stu

soundsurfr 02-24-2002 08:19 PM

Thanks Mark!

Yeah, "Forward and Back" is all Pro-Tools.

Check out the others. If you go to my website, sign the guestbook. Makes my day.

Soundsurfr
www.soundsurfr.com

soundsurfr 02-24-2002 08:27 PM

Roy, Jamaica Rain is playing now.

You never disappoint me. (No pressure). [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Like Mark, I'm looking forward to hearing the details on what exactly you did there.

Sound

bexarametric 02-24-2002 08:50 PM

HEY MARK,

To answer your question. I don't really do any of it in Acid anymore. Not my last 5 or so tracks anyway. I used to. It's just that Acidplanet.com is a great place to get feedback from other musicians. I actually write all my MIDI parts in Reason and all my audio parts, usually guitar or vocals only, in Pro Tools. Then I may edit waves in Wavelab or Sound Forge.

da BaSsTaRd! 02-24-2002 09:34 PM

ok, here's another one:

I'm Not Feelin' You

i wrote and played the music. the drums are more loops that me and my friend, aaron, made. the girl is China from the GifTeD Crew (same as kinky reggea).

the vocals are a little thick and i can't seem to thin them out without losing what's good about them. any ideas would be great....