Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

Vercingetorix 01-30-2014 07:39 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by HackersDna (Post 2127663)
On a side note since i have your attention, I wanted to say Thank You very much for all the video's and hands on info that you provide for the 11R. Your video's and uploads of rigs not only help the experience of the rack was also one of the solid reasons I purchased the unit. So again Thank You and I pray you never loose interest in the rack. lol.

+1

YYR123 01-30-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 2127671)
+1

Yep +100

Bill Denton 01-31-2014 03:45 AM

What he^ said...

bredo 01-31-2014 05:45 AM

+1. Dedication is a word that springs to mind :-)

And now we can use the next 4 years asking for a dedicated foot controller :D

HackersDna 01-31-2014 03:32 PM

Hey Bredo, Actually the ground control pro works perfectly with the 11R. When you go into setup it even ask if your are connecting to an 11R.

Ive been using the GCP for years now with many other rigs and it holds up like a tank thru a many many beer sinking nights. And yes i did say "Sinking" lol

bredo 01-31-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HackersDna (Post 2127947)
Hey Bredo, Actually the ground control pro works perfectly with the 11R. When you go into setup it even ask if your are connecting to an 11R.

Ive been using the GCP for years now with many other rigs and it holds up like a tank thru a many many beer sinking nights. And yes i did say "Sinking" lol

Thanks, I will check it out.
Read about it 4 years ago, and kind of forgot about it.

OneStrat 02-01-2014 02:11 PM

I installed the standalone editor today on my 2011 MacBook Pro running Mavericks. It works perfect! The Eleven Rack and Logic Pro X are a super setup!

LYE 03-05-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2125640)
You bet. Thanks for the additional info. I just set up a Win 7 Pro desktop in the office recently so will check this out on that machine when I'm in the office this coming week.

Hey Jeffro, I have the exact same issue as Cowboy Bob running Windows 7 SP1.

I upgraded to Pro Tools 11. Installed all plugs etc.
Then installed stand alone Eleven Rack driver and editor.

Ran the editor once and it worked! Then ran Pro Tools 11.
It identified the Eleven Rack as my default I/O so I switched it over to my Apollo.

Then I exited the editor as well, just to make sure i wasn't causing any conflicts.
Once I switched to the Apollo, Pro Tools 11 started giving me an Eleven Rack Communication Error with the option to reconnect. So I pushed it. It reloads everything and then clears and then immediately comes up with the same error.

So I decided I would shut everything down and go for a reboot.

Once rebooted I reconnected my Eleven Rack and launched the editor only to experience the white screen editor window. (mind you the File and Options menu are there)

It then appears to be loading all of the settings and once that completes the program minimizes to the task bar and will not return.

If you hover over the task bar it shows you the mini window and within that I can see a small White screen showing haha.

I uninstalled the driver and the editor and reinstalled and continue to get this exact problem.

I also had the same issue on install as Cowboy Bob that it wouldn't install the Visual C++ (2010) version. I went to the microsoft site and got a direct download of this. The installer for that informed me that a more recent version of that program was already installed on the system.

This evening I will attemp a full clean install of Pro Tools 11 and Eleven Rack.

Any other ideas?

Benoni 03-05-2014 01:04 PM

A couple things you could try...

If you have Areo Peek on, hover over the Editor in your taskbar and once you get the Peek Window, Right Click the Peek Window and choose MOVE.

Or you can SHIFT+Right Click the Eleven Rack Editor in your taskbar and choose MOVE.

You can also read through this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2126865

and look at other solutions other people have used.

LYE 03-07-2014 07:25 AM

Hey Benoni! Thanks for posting!

Went through those instructions and a couple of reinstalls.

It is now working!

However, it still makes no sense to me what so ever hahahaha.

The Shift+Right Click didn't seem to bring the graphics back.

But the instructions to "Bring to front" from the task manager, combinedwith a few restarts and re attempts seemed to work.

Maybe Avid can look into this as a bug for the next version?

I'll keep you guys posted if the problem re occurs.

Take care!