Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

jvining 01-23-2014 10:12 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2124787)
Are you on Windows?

I just checked this and you ARE CORRECT.

I did not notice this listed anywhere, I will double check the FAQ and see if it is there, if not, I'll be sure to pass it on.

So....

For anyone wanting to install the Standalone Editor, it looks like you will need to install the iLok License Manager, but you should not need an actual iLok.
www.iLok.com

I'm on a mac so it's the same on both.

Kyle Splittgerber 01-23-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2124787)
Are you on Windows?

I just checked this and you ARE CORRECT.

I did not notice this listed anywhere, I will double check the FAQ and see if it is there, if not, I'll be sure to pass it on.

So....

For anyone wanting to install the Standalone Editor, it looks like you will need to install the iLok License Manager, but you should not need an actual iLok.
www.iLok.com

Installing PACE should not be a requirement as Win installer should be installing PACE during install and Mac installer on launch (after entering password). We are investigating to see if there may be a bug here. In the meantime, if this is happening please install PACE and hopefully that resolves the issue.

Benoni 01-23-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2124796)
Installing PACE should not be a requirement as Win installer should be installing PACE during install and Mac installer on launch (after entering password). We are investigating to see if there may be a bug here. In the meantime, if this is happening please install PACE and hopefully that resolves the issue.

I uninstalled PACE and the Editor would not launch.

I have not tested if the Editor installs PACE if it is not present. But I can.

Apothis 01-23-2014 10:46 AM

Installer does install pace if its not there on windows at least.

Benoni 01-23-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apothis (Post 2124813)
Installer does install pace if its not there on windows at least.

It did for me too.

I uninstalled the Editor, then the ILM.

Installed the Editor, and the first thing it did was install the ILM.

If for some reason you uninstall the ILM or it is not installed, you should be able to install the ILM (iLok License Manager) from ilok.com and then everything should work.

I tested this on Windows 8.1

pitbulltodd 01-23-2014 11:07 AM

i thought i installed the editor but can't find it to launch. no desktop icon or anything else. ???

TheChimp 01-23-2014 11:21 AM

We don't install a desktop/dock icon automatically. Check your Applications folder.

TheChimp 01-23-2014 12:07 PM

All,

We are currently investigating this issue. For now, the best bet is to go to iLok.com and download the iLok License Manager for your system and install it.

More to come,

Chimp

girdap 01-23-2014 12:36 PM

I start downloading the editor and it starts as it's supposed to but then it stops for no obvious reason...anyone else have problem downloading? I am on W7 64 bit.

Benoni 01-23-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girdap (Post 2124861)
I start downloading the editor and it starts as it's supposed to but then it stops for no obvious reason...anyone else have problem downloading? I am on W7 64 bit.

Have you tried a different browser?