Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pro Tools 8 M Powered Windows XP Loading Problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=242986)

scripturez 04-01-2009 11:42 AM

Pro Tools 8 M Powered Windows XP Loading Problem

I purchased Pro Tools 8 M Powered For Win XP SP2, I am using audiophile 2496 PCI Card, Once I installed the drivers for delta audiophile 2496 I then try to load Pro Tools 8 M Powered but almost half way through the installation I am met by an error which says: could not complete your request because Access violation occurred, unable to read location; 0x0B, 445, A4F at address: 0x78, 145, 7BD in module: MSVCR80.dll, could somebody help me resolve this matter, I am new to this forum and am running a Intel Dual Core Proccessor at 3.2Ghz, 2Gb Ram with 2 internal sata compatible harddrives 1 at 80Gb, the other at 400Gb.

TOM@METRO 04-01-2009 03:19 PM

Re: Pro Tools 8 M Powered Windows XP Loading Problem

Install SP3 then post back... And don't use I.E.8... and be sure your session drive is formatted NTFS basic.

scripturez 04-03-2009 07:26 AM

Thanks Tom, i'll give that a try and let you know if it works

scripturez 04-03-2009 07:35 AM

I have gotten a bit further with loading and solving my current problem with PT8, I have not installed SP3 yet, but as I uninstalled and loaded everything back onto my PC, I launched PT8 and received get a message saying that "the device driver TPkd needs to be reinstalled and loaded PT8 needs to be rebooted", please help!

DigiTechSupt 04-03-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scripturez (Post 1377804)
I have gotten a bit further with loading and solving my current problem with PT8, I have not installed SP3 yet, but as I uninstalled and loaded everything back onto my PC, I launched PT8 and received get a message saying that "the device driver TPkd needs to be reinstalled and loaded PT8 needs to be rebooted", please help!

Download and install the latest PACE drivers.

scripturez 04-07-2009 07:32 PM

OK, I installed service pack 3 & service pack 2, installed the latest pace drivers which are the 32 bit version, uninstalled and re-installed the audiophile 2496 drivers, hardware and software, re-installed PT8, but as it installs it freezes for a while at "Installing Digidesign Hardware Drivers...." and still receiving the same error message:"please re-install device driver TPkd then reboot", I am using Windows XP Home, I have Win XP Proffesional and can do a fresh install if possible but does it matter which version of Win XP I use, please, need some help here people!!

divinetime 04-10-2009 07:20 AM

first off i don't believe you even need your hardware drivers installed to install pro tools.. only to open it (unless 8 is different than 7.4)

however i don't think it would affect your install anyways, i also don't think you have to install pace drivers in advanced, 7.4 comes with them.

because you dont have a issue with reinstall.. i would suggest you download nlite, and slipstream sp3 into one of your versions of xp, pro if you have a copy.

after xp install, get only the drivers you really need. motherboard, chipset, video card, sound card drivers, Then install pro-tools HOPEFULLY error free.. i dont see how anything could fail, unless you have hardware issues..

It does sound like you are overclocking, maybe you should try to set everything default for the pro tools install?

scripturez 04-20-2009 08:44 PM

I've given up with win xp and I'm now in the process of purchasing a G5 with OSX Leopard 10.5 5
Case Closed!!:rolleyes:

TOM@METRO 04-20-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scripturez (Post 1386594)
I've given up with win xp and I'm now in the process of purchasing a G5 with OSX Leopard 10.5 5
Case Closed!!:rolleyes:

Check the Mac forum first, I work on Mac also, they are not perfect either.

weststargroup2011 12-19-2010 08:01 PM

I too am having problems loading Pro-Tools 8 M-powered on my P4 Windows XP Home (SP3) dedicated studio computer. The software crashes when it gets to Xpand!.dtm. Tried unistalling and reinstalling. It says that.8.0.3 is compatible with EI 8, but I'm skeptical. Unfortunately, my system will not let me uninstall EI8 - if that is in fact the problem. A far as hardware I am using the Delta 1010 sound card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!