Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   10.2 Glide Automation Behaviour (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=323639)

moofie 06-05-2012 03:53 PM

10.2 Glide Automation Behaviour

Morning All,

Posting this here as well as this may be an issue more obvious to the Post guys ...

Very quickly, as I'm in the middle of a predub, but has anyone noticed a change in the behaviour of Glide to Current or Glide to All Enabled since the introduction of 10.2?

Appreciate any/all comments.

Cheers

Tom

reichman 07-20-2012 10:43 AM

Re: 10.2 Glide Automation Behaviour

Yes! WTF? Today's the first day I've really needed the glide function since moving to 10.2, and it's changed.

It seems like it's gliding before the selection, earlier until the next automation nodes, instead of the old behavior within the selection. This is making it very hard to use. Is this an intentional change on Avid's part?

reichman 07-20-2012 10:48 AM

from the manual:

Quote:

Glide Automation Considerations
When Glide Automation is applied to automa- tion data, it behaves as follows:
• When a selection is made, automation break- points are written at the start and end points of the Glide Automation. The automation value at the start of the selection is the start point of the Glide Automation and the end of the selection is the end point of the Glide Au- tomation. The Glide Automation that is cre- ated between the two is based on the length of the selection and the end value that is se- lected.
• If automation breakpoints follow the selec- tion, they are not changed, but the value se- lected for the end of the selection is written from the end point up until the next break- point.
it's broken in 10.2. this doesn't make sense.

cjguitar 07-22-2012 09:44 PM

Yes, it has changed and has been reported to Avid. Should hopefully be fixed soon.

moofie 07-23-2012 01:33 PM

Whew, thought I was going bonkers.

I use Glide everyday (especially to get in/out of NR automation controlling the DNS3000 h/w)...proving interesting finding subtle work arounds for a work practice you've used for years.

Onwards!

reichman 07-23-2012 01:53 PM

FWIW, this is the only major problem I have with 10.2. Stability and reliability are absolutely terrific.

The golfer 07-23-2012 02:26 PM

What about clip gain? I heard converting clip gain back to automation moves the regions. I am waiting to upgrade to 10.2 just because of this tinny bug...

moofie 07-23-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 1951502)
FWIW, this is the only major problem I have with 10.2. Stability and reliability are absolutely terrific.

Agreed!

cjguitar 07-23-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moofie (Post 1951497)
Whew, thought I was going bonkers.

I use Glide everyday (especially to get in/out of NR automation controlling the DNS3000 h/w)...proving interesting finding subtle work arounds for a work practice you've used for years.

Onwards!

A couple of workarounds I found that work well for me:
1. Use "Cut Special>All Automation" over area you want to glide. Or, 2. Switch to an automation view (volume for instance) and use Control+X to cut all automation and it will glide the automation the length of the selection before the cut.

moofie 07-23-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjguitar (Post 1951554)
Switch to an automation view (volume for instance) and use Control+X to cut all automation and it will glide the automation the length of the selection before the cut.

Nice Chris, appreciate the angle!

Cheers

Tom