Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   How do I undo a plugin parameter change? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412844)

moshuajusic 11-24-2020 07:53 AM

How do I undo a plugin parameter change?

Turning the wrong knob does happen. :rolleyes: Is there an undo for Avid plugins? (Hopefully it's staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it.)

Ryan Young 11-24-2020 11:21 AM

Re: How do I undo a plugin parameter change?

There's a setting in your preferences to include those types of changes in your undo history.

Preferences > Mixing > Automation section > check "Include Control Changes in Undo Queue"

devinemke 11-24-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Young (Post 2584911)
There's a setting in your preferences to include those types of changes in your undo history.

Preferences > Mixing > Automation section > check "Include Control Changes in Undo Queue"

just to be clear, this only affects automation changes. if you simply change a parameter on a non-automated plugin, then that will not be in your undo queue. not clear from the OP if that is what was intended.

moshuajusic 11-24-2020 11:34 AM

Yeah, that's for mixer automation, and already checked. I wanna be able to undo things like adjusting the high pass frequency in EQ3-7 (within the plugin, not automation).

Ryan Young 11-24-2020 11:38 AM

Sorry if I misunderstood. Just to check, is your plugin set to be automated, and is that track in something other than "off" or "read" mode?

EGS 11-24-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscomposer (Post 2584913)
...undo things like adjusting the high pass frequency in EQ3-7 (within the plugin, not automation).

Gotta do it in the plug then

moshuajusic 11-25-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Young (Post 2584914)
Sorry if I misunderstood. Just to check, is your plugin set to be automated, and is that track in something other than "off" or "read" mode?

I don't know what "set to be automated" means. If I need to automate something, I click on the automation icon in the plugin window and add the parameter(s), then draw the automation. Tracks are typically set to "read." I only occasionally turn it "off."

Put another way, if I open a plugin and change a parameter's value, then hit command-Z, it doesn't put the parameter back to where it was. But I want it to do that. Waves plugins all have their own undo/redo buttons which are very helpful. What's up with Avid not allowing such a basic ability? (Or maybe they do, and I'm missing it.)