Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PT 5.3.1 will not load drivers - HELP! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=75436)

lexluth 07-04-2003 08:49 PM

PT 5.3.1 will not load drivers - HELP!

My PT 5.3.1 has been running fine up until this evening. When I try to launch Pro Tools, I get an INITIALIZATION ERROR. It says "This software requires installation of certain device drivers and a reboot before using. Please reboot or re-install the software."

I've rebooted several times, ran PT setup and chose "repair" option, and I've even un-installed and re-installed the software, but cannot get past this error message.

Digi Wavedriver is working O.K.

I'm running a P4 2.53 @ 533MHZ FSB, 1.0 GB Corsair 2700 RAM, ASUS P4PE BP Motherboard, Win XP, Antec TruePower 430W power supply, (2) WD 80GB HD's with 8MB cache on a Promise 133 TX2 IDE controller card. I also have an ATI 8500LE video card and the on-board LAN & Sound disabled.

I have not installed any new software that may be conflicting with the Digi001.

Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

MilesWonderland 07-04-2003 09:49 PM

Re: PT 5.3.1 will not load drivers - HELP!

Wavedriver SCREWED my system. Try to uninstall the wavedriver and digi001 from the hardware devices then restart and install your software again. Fixed mine!

Good luck

rs7k 07-05-2003 11:06 AM

I've got the same problem, but with PT 5.3.3 and Mbox.
Still doesen't work yet, if you want let me know how you solved it!
Tried almost everything (re-instelling PT and Windows Xp,updated drivers, prayed,...) nothing worked.

Cheers

lexluth 07-05-2003 11:14 AM

I've been unable to resolve the problem. I've un-installed WaveDriver, PT 5.3.1, my USB Keystation drivers, and removed their entries from the registry. Then, I did a fresh install of PT 5.3.1 when Window recognized the Digi001, and this time I did not re-install the WaveDriver. Still, same error. I am unable to lauch Pro Tools at all.

I don't understand, everything was working fine for the last 2 weeks or so.

I'm going to contact DigiDesign on Mon or Tues and see if I can get this resolved. Maybe there's a bug or something that 6.01 might fix. Who knows? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If I get a definitive answer, I'll be sure to post it here.

Dennis

Kevin Stone 07-05-2003 08:07 PM

I was just having similar problems installing 5.3.1, and also my SBlive wouldn't work. What finally solved it was turning ON USB and Plug And Play in the BIOS setup. Don't ask me why, but it all works great now. I haven't tried Wavedriver since I got PTLE working, I'm afraid of it. I hope this helps.

lexluth 07-05-2003 09:28 PM

USB and Plug and Pray are already on in the BIOS, but thanks for the input.

Kevin Stone 07-06-2003 06:31 AM

Dang, sorry that didn't help. Are your PACE files intact and in the right place? If they're screwed up you can get that "certain device drivers" error. Good luck.

answerbase link

another one

DUC - Hey, this sounds like your problem

BeefEater 07-06-2003 09:13 AM

I had problems a few months ago with a corrupted PTLE installation. Not the same cause or cnditions but I could not fix or re-install with out doing the following. I do not have the DIGI001 but am retty sure the following applies to you as well.

(be sure to back up your system using ghost, or at least copy the folders before deletion)....

1) Remove PT. Then disconnect the hardware.

2) Open regedit (which you have already done at least once so I won't explain how) and delete the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DIGIDESIGN" and all sub folders.

3) If the DIGI001 still remains in the device manager then remove it.

(you can restart but I do not think it is necessary)...

4) Reinstall PTLE/DIGI001 according to the instructions.

I discovered that it was these registry keys that caused all of my problems. I had deleted all kinds of folders on the system and the only one that did anything was hosing Digi's registry settings. But I had to hose all of them to get it to work.

Hope that works for you too....

FYI:
Previous posting

lexluth 07-06-2003 08:47 PM

IT'S FIXED!! The PACE files were missing or corrupted after I de-installed the Bomb-Factory demo plugins. I downloaded the new tpkd file as suggested, installed it, and BANG, everything is now working correctly.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! In fact, one of the main reasons I purchased my Digi001 was because of the DUC. I browsed it for months before I made my purchase. I've never seen such a vast wealth of info and such helpful forum members.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Dennis

Kevin Stone 07-07-2003 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lexluth:
IT'S FIXED!! ...

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Glad to hear it!

...I've never seen such a vast wealth of info and such helpful forum members.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It really is a uniquely helpful and friendly place here. I'm happy that I'm finally starting to know enough about this Digi stuff that I can pitch in. Happy recording!