Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Request: Shortcut for Input Quantize On/Off (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401231)

massivekerry 09-25-2018 07:48 PM

Request: Shortcut for Input Quantize On/Off

Since Avid have shut down IdeaScale to new ideas, and their "replacements" for requests are not really doing that job yet...

I do have a request. Key command (or Eucon-able command) to just toggle Input Quantizing On/Off. I waste more time (and cause more RSI) opening that window, mousing over to the little button, clicking it, and then going back to my Edit or MIDI Edit window, than I can handle anymore. Please. One command. On/Off. That's it.

Rich Breen 09-26-2018 07:51 AM

Re: Request: Shortcut for Input Quantize On/Off

why not use Keyboard Maestro?

massivekerry 09-26-2018 09:20 AM

I've already got an Avid Control, Launch Control sending CCs, and a customized Metagrid interface running on an iPad. I don't think I want yet another piece of software to do a basic on/off switch of a feature that I'm using repeatedly every day. I think it got worse for me when I switched to a bigger screen with a hi resolution. Most of the workflow is great, but I prefer my Event Operations window off to the side, so that's a long way to scroll and a tiny box to tick or un-tick. Since some 2018 releases have focused on making selections & music editing functions easier (I didn't think I needed those MIDI editor commands, but I use them a lot now), I am hoping that this can get on Avid's radar and be added to a sooner-than-later release.

midnightrambler 09-26-2018 10:02 AM

If we’re doing requests, I’d also like ones for :

- Coalesce Trim Automation
- Show Colour Palette
- Delete Track
- View Clip Line Info
- Clip Gain Bypass
- LLM mode (HD Native)
- Separate Clip On Transients

BScout 09-26-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrambler (Post 2500955)
- Coalesce Trim Automation
- Show Colour Palette
- Delete Track
- View Clip Line Info
- Clip Gain Bypass
- LLM mode (HD Native)
- Separate Clip On Transients

Every single one of those things is already in Eucon on the softkeys.
On a Mac, you can also already assign keyboard shortcuts to all of those (as I have for some of them.)

So what are you waiting for?

To be clear, massivekerry's request is NOT available with any direct access.

1m1 09-26-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivekerry (Post 2500947)
I've already got an Avid Control, Launch Control sending CCs, and a customized Metagrid interface running on an iPad. I don't think I want yet another piece of software to do a basic on/off switch of a feature that I'm using repeatedly every day.

If you're anything like me, you would get a small thrill every time you hit a shortcut that toggles the input quantize programmed into Keyboard Maestro. It's a program that just sits in the background until I need it and doesn't cause any troubles for me. I'm with Rich Breen on this one. If you wait for Avid to implement this my be is that you'd be waiting a very long time (unless you have sway with the programmers!).

If you decide to go the KM maestro route, they have a free demo trial. I have this as a shortcut so feel free to PM me and I'll send it to you so you don't have to program it yourself.

midnightrambler 09-26-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2500964)
Every single one of those things is already in Eucon on the softkeys.
On a Mac, you can also already assign keyboard shortcuts to all of those (as I have for some of them.)

So what are you waiting for?

To be clear, massivekerry's request is NOT available with any direct access.

None of that's any good when you're constantly working in different studios. I want consistency, not irregularity.

1m1 09-26-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrambler (Post 2500972)
None of that's any good when you're constantly working in different studios. I want consistency, not irregularity.

I'm always working in different studios. I install Keyboard Maestro and import my shortcuts. That way I'm not dependent on putting the shortcuts into System Preferences.

BScout 09-26-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrambler (Post 2500972)

Eucon is consistent.

midnightrambler 09-26-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1m1 (Post 2500978)
I'm always working in different studios. I install Keyboard Maestro and import my shortcuts. That way I'm not dependent on putting the shortcuts into System Preferences.

Well I’m glad the studios you work in are so lax when it comes to installing software. I hope you delete it when you leave.