Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 03:29 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Powerjoe,

HAted it! No seriously it was cool.....

Nice Dreams...

Very old school WANKER ROCK. Sounds like Malmstein meets Testament. Great guitar playing. Have not heard a REVERB like that on drums and well everything since 1990 though. Great sound though. You tracked that? on a 002?

How much of the guitars are looped? Pretty tight player if not.... I would raise the guitars around 1:30 with that higher harmony stuff. Sounds like a Marshall, and some other older head, or PREAMP? Maybe a Rocktron? Good tones for the style though. Again, have nt heard that tone since 1990. TONS of VERB!

Great drum tom sound. Really ROCK! oriented.... These guys look like this????

OLE' SCHOOl

They have that testament sound for sure. Especially on the screams and the sweep guitar. Very Scolnick style... Not heard at all these days. As an ole' school wanker myself I really dig it.

Nice job.

- Doc

powerjoe 05-10-2005 03:37 PM

Thanks Doc.

This was not tracked on a 002. But it was brought into Pro Tools, seperated and then mixed on an SSL at Enterprise in LA. It was originally recorded elsewhere. Do you remember the "old" Record Plant in NY? It's a disco now I believe. They moved the Original Record Plant down the block. This was tracked in the old studio B on 48th and 8th. It was mixed by someone you've heard of.

This and some other material are slated for re-release and I am looking for indpendant thinkers and listeners like you to comment on it. It will be re-done on a larger PT system and I am hoping to get it right this time. This recording lacks some teeth, but that is how it came out with the mix guy.

By the way, there is no "sweeping" on that tune and the guitar parts are not looped. That is straight playing to ol' Ampex via Mesa Boogie Mark IV, '57 and old school compressor.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. If you have any more, I would love to hear what you'd do different.

Wanker? That's kinda harsh don't you think?

El-Kamfer 05-10-2005 04:24 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Quote:

I like the Song very much.
cant believe she´s 16... sounds like 25, great voice!
her english seems OK to me, but I am german, so...
I also dig the Vocal effect in the first verse, works out cool.
compliments!

Cheers, Andi

aaw...you just made my day man, got some bad critics on that song from a couple of people.
felt good with a nice feedback.

thanx a million

JonM 05-10-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Very Nice. Great vibe and great sound.

Thanks, Sharriton. Appreciate your taking the time to listen.

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 08:32 PM

Powerjoe,
I meant sweeps with the guitar player... at the end....

As for th WANKER.... Hell I am a ole school wanker so it is all good!

I will listen to it for more detailed feedback

- Doc

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 08:56 PM

All,
I tracked an old clinet tonight with his band this time. This is a new project that I am starting that should last for a few weeks. 12 songs are planned. Tonight I think that I got the best drums I have ever tracked. Had a different approach and consulted deeply with Mr. Cavell on some things. I think that they worked nicely. Also took a different approach to levels going in, and so far all is well. This is a bounce of the session with only the L2 on the track. There are no Eq's at all. The vocals and guitar are rough,and SCRATCH. The drums were the focus tonight.

Chain for them were

KICK - Audix D6 - Vintech X73i - Apogee Rosetta (best kick I have ever gotten)
Snare - SM-57 - Vintech X73i - 1176 - Apogee Rosetta
Tom 1 - Digipre - Rosetta
Tom 2 - Digipre - Rosetta
Tom 3 - Digipre - Rosetta
Floor - Digipre - Rosetta
Overheads - (ORTF) - Digipre - Rosetta
Hi-hat - SM-7B - Trident - 002 converters. (not really used a hat mic before, but liked it)

Guitar - Direct to 1272
Vocals - APEX 435 - 1272 - 1176 - 002 converters. (That is the sheer sound of the 435 if you wanted to know. and that is SCRATCH!

REVERB - TRUEverb
Delay - 2 tap (subtle)

Here ya go:

PLACE

Should be a good product when complete.

- Doc

Digitalkidd 05-10-2005 09:11 PM

Destination Life

Third Eye Studios 05-10-2005 09:53 PM

Hey Doc,

I keep getting a server error when I try to download "Place".

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 10:00 PM

Ya..
trying to fix it now. New provider.

hang tight

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 10:07 PM

Fixed it...

PLACE

- Doc