Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 09-24-2002 06:49 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Josh,
I heard 'Speechless' through Calvin's link, and I was gonna wait to say anything til I heard the rest.... but, it is great, man. I like every aspect of it, and the horn parts are killer and unique... so, great job, man... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
I'll keep tryin on the other stuff...

~Roy

Jopry 09-25-2002 08:44 AM

I have a few songs that I did recently on www.platypusj.com if anyone would like to take a listen and review. Let It Go is the main one, but either of the other two would be great as well. Thanks

nukmusic 09-25-2002 09:09 AM

Download R&B audio at www.nukmusic.com
Also check on mp3.com and search for artists in your home town, most of the time you will find good musicians you can network with.

Rational Punk 09-25-2002 09:19 AM

Hey, thanks for taking the time to stop by the site again Roy, and thanks so much for the compliments. Much appreciated. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

soundsurfr 09-25-2002 06:31 PM

Rational....

Your signature says it all. Very intricate arrangements, and serious chops. Cool.

For those who are into progressive rock, you gotta check out Rational Punk's stuff.

By the way, I'd like to add a quick note and remind everyone on this board that you don't need to consider yourself an expert mixer or music producer to listen and provide your comments on the stuff that's posted.

I say this because the ratio of people who post music for us to hear, vs. those who listen and comment on it is not always where it should be. Everybody wants to have their music heard, and everyone deserves feedback, but feedback is nobody's *job* and it can't be assumed that a few regulars are going to handle it.

As a general courtesy, if you're posting your music here, you should be listening and commenting on the music of your PT brothers and sisters also. Most of us are pretty good about it, but there are a select few who almost never comment on other people's stuff, and then show some attitude when nobody comments on theirs!

Bring on some more music, people. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 09-25-2002 07:05 PM

Amen Soundsurfr...well said. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thank you, Roy

Captain_Pants 09-25-2002 09:04 PM

Ok all, I have a new one up. Its called "Hold you in my arms."

I have this song up on a TONOS server, so there are pros and cons. The pros, is there is no need to enter your information(like mp3.com), the bad news is that the songs are in streaming realmedia format. So, please, if you have time, check the song out. The string sections came out splendid(though not as cleary heard on streaming media).

Thanks again.

Agenda: Entropy @ TONOS

--Rational Punk, your stuff sounds really cool. I can honestly say I have never heard some stuff as intricately laid out like that. Some of it reminded me a bit of earlier Boingo. you listen to them at all? Great stuff though. Keep up the good work!

=-Ben

FrankLP 09-28-2002 12:24 AM

Hey guys, it's taken me a while, but here's a link to a few of my recent creations.

http://www.uniqueverse.com/sounds.htm

Let me know what you think.

FrankLP 09-28-2002 01:17 PM

Captain Pants - "Agenda" sounds kewl...
very D-Mode-ish. Sonic stimulat-o for sure! Props.

Captain_Pants 09-28-2002 10:54 PM

Thanks Frank. I havent checked out your stuff yet, but soon I will.
Thanks again.