Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   S3 and Dock faders / AVB (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384867)

ronnievanoverveld 10-04-2016 02:47 AM

S3 and Dock faders / AVB

Hi there,

I'm really enjoying my S3 + DOCK setup, really speeds up my workflow.

Although, I have 2 bugs:

- I use the AVB sound card for editing at home, but now and then the audio playback stops for a fragment (not even 0,5 sec). This is really annoying when you're editing dialog (or any other audio material) and you think there's a gap in the audio. Is there a way to solve this? The buffer size is 128 samples, with my HDN thunderbolt it's no problem. The project isn't that crowded with plugins (7 total!), so I'd think that shouldn't be the problem.

- With the DOCK; when I want to ride a fader on the S3 and the Dock's fader is signed to attentioned track, it blocks riding the fader. Now I use a blank fader for the Dock, but it should work?

I hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance!

LukeHoward 10-04-2016 04:06 AM

Re: S3 and Dock faders / AVB

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnievanoverveld (Post 2386460)
- I use the AVB sound card for editing at home, but now and then the audio playback stops for a fragment (not even 0,5 sec). This is really annoying when you're editing dialog (or any other audio material) and you think there's a gap in the audio. Is there a way to solve this? The buffer size is 128 samples, with my HDN thunderbolt it's no problem. The project isn't that crowded with plugins (7 total!), so I'd think that shouldn't be the problem.

I haven't used AVB on my S3 since about this time last year, but I had a similar problem. I suspect the issue might be in OS X itself (as I doubt this is happening in the S3L).

ronnievanoverveld 10-04-2016 09:04 PM

Changing the buffer size is not solving anything.. Too bad, have to look for another small interface for working at home..

mattrixx 10-05-2016 12:34 AM

I'd be interested to see if the latest Sierra OS brings anything to the table in regard to better native AVB support, as there appears have been improvements in other audio aspects.

teedeecee 10-07-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrixx (Post 2386749)
I'd be interested to see if the latest Sierra OS brings anything to the table in regard to better native AVB support, as there appears have been improvements in other audio aspects.

Hi Matt,

Don't mean to hijack this thread - but was wondering if you could elaborate on the Sierra audio improvements?

mattrixx 10-09-2016 03:15 PM

Hi teedeecee,
I'm not technically savvy with these 'improvements', other than it has been mentioned by numerous hardware and software devs over the last couple of months.