Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Monitor setting in PT 2021 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414977)

blue-element 04-15-2021 07:14 AM

Monitor setting in PT 2021

I'm working with 2 Monitors, on left side is the Mixing window and on the right side there is the Event window. I have tried to set this for every session, but when I open a session once more I have only the Event window on the right side. So I must klick on the Mix window and must grab it to the left side. Is there a special Setting in PT to have the windows on the correct side on the monitors when i open a session ?

albee1952 04-15-2021 08:05 AM

Re: Monitorsetting in PT 2021

Not much info to go on:eek: If you are running Windows, set everything how you want and then hit Alt-F4 to close Pro Tools. That should make it open the same way next time(at least it used to work this way). If that doesn't help, then come back with a lot more details like"
OS?
Monitor resolution(for both screens)?
Scaling setting(if its been changed)?

blue-element 04-15-2021 09:42 AM

Re: Monitorsetting in PT 2021

OK, my System is Mac 10.15.7 on PT 2021.3.1
Is there an identical Setting to close PT as you have mentioned with Windows ?

Ben Jenssen 04-15-2021 11:50 AM

Re: Monitor setting in PT 2021

Same here.
This hasn't worked well in a long time for me, PT opening sessions and forgetting window settings.
I've given up.
Everytime I open a session on my dual monitor setup, mix window is like it should be, full-screen on monitor 1, I have to activate edit window and drag it to monitor 2 and make it full screen. Everytime.
Also, allthough it might be a different issue, PT is rubbish with remembering hidden status of tracks and open/collapsed track folders.

Edit: Sorry, I was talking about apple's "spaces" and not displays. Although PT have never been good with either.

BScout 04-15-2021 12:25 PM

Not a proper solution but a workaround that might be more convenient, can you not save a Pro Tools Window Configuration for what you want? Then you can recall if it isn't right.

blue-element 04-17-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2599652)
Same here.
This hasn't worked well in a long time for me, PT opening sessions and forgetting window settings.
I've given up.
Everytime I open a session on my dual monitor setup, mix window is like it should be, full-screen on monitor 1, I have to activate edit window and drag it to monitor 2 and make it full screen. Everytime.
Also, allthough it might be a different issue, PT is rubbish with remembering hidden status of tracks and open/collapsed track folders.

Edit: Sorry, I was talking about apple's "spaces" and not displays. Although PT have never been good with either.

As I can hear you have the same problem, for me the chapter is finished. No problem I can live with it :D

JFreak 04-17-2021 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2599659)
Not a proper solution but a workaround that might be more convenient, can you not save a Pro Tools Window Configuration for what you want? Then you can recall if it isn't right.

This.

The problem is OS wide. If you have two monitors and windows on both monitors, as soon as your monitors go off (power saver during the night) once they are powered on all windows are on main monitor.