Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Milco 01-21-2002 08:54 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

hey some really cool stuff all you guys are doing........I'll start putting my own tracks on here as well as soon as I finish my first PT song.....by the way how do I put a song on here without linking it to my mp3 site so that you just click and listen?

Keep up the good stuff...
Milco

MikeD 01-21-2002 09:42 AM

I'll give this a shot again.....

This is a band I recorded in a week long session before Christmas (17 songs recorded, mixed and mastered in eight days - I took a week off after that!)

Anyways here it is.....Modern Day Hero Mp3's

The band is called Modern Day Hero
There are three songs on the MP3.com web site

Any feedback is appreciated [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

soundsurfr 01-21-2002 02:12 PM

Hey, Dabasstard - That AKG C3000G is soundin' REALLY sweet. What kind of room are you in? Is it live or is it an isolated vocal booth setup?

Sound
www.soundsurfr.com

Roy Howell 01-21-2002 02:28 PM

Just want to mention DaBasstard had let me here his latest mix by email, and I already told him he did a killer job, as usual...

rh

Mark_Knecht 01-21-2002 02:30 PM

BaSsTaRd,
Just got around to listenign to this - I missed it before.

Actually, this is a cool song and a cool mix. I agree with the others that said the vocals sound good.

How'd you do the piano, if I might ask? Real or synth? Which synth? Giga-Piano?

Cheers,
Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by da BaSsTaRd!:
i'm helping out a friend. i autotuned the background vocals to DEATH, so please don't expect greatness there, but the rapping is quite good (i think). could you guys help me out with some mixing tips here? its close, but not quite there. vocals were all recorded with my akg c3000b straight into 001.

http://basstardz.dhs.org/j eromewhite/Jerome_White--Me_No_Like_It.mp3
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jorge442 01-21-2002 02:31 PM

Hey MikeD, I attempted listening to your stuff but since there wasn´t a download option I couldn´t [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

musicsmith, I really really liked the tune and the singers´ voice. I liked the mix in the beginning a lot........but, IMHO it doesn´t work as well towards the end. I think it was the fat bass, wich is great in the beginning, but I think it takes up too much room once you get the acoustic, electric and the lead guitars going.

Then again, what do I know right?

musicsmith 01-21-2002 02:38 PM

Jorge,
Thanks for the comments. I definetely agree about the end of the song . The mix does get a lil muddy. I think it was the octave pedal on the guitars . The song still needs a lil work. We just went a lil crazy at the end.
musicsmith [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Jorge442 01-21-2002 03:04 PM

musicsmith,

no problem at all, I love this forum and I love listening to new music. I certainly enjoyed that song. I always post my honest opinion and I´m glad you can take positive criticism [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I would like to post my own work so that you and the rest of the guys can lend me your ears and help out whenever stuff starts to sound the same after weeks of tweaking. Problem is I can´t post them on MP3.com because most of it is other peoples´ stuff and they would kill me. If any of you guys have spare room somewhere where I could post temporarily it would me most cool.

cheers,

jorge

da BaSsTaRd! 01-21-2002 05:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by soundsurfr:
What kind of room are you in? Is it live or is it an isolated vocal booth setup?[/URL]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the vocals were recorded in my kitchen. someone else did the music. i got a focusrite voicemaster on order, but i think the 001 pre's did a pretty good job....

Threnody 01-21-2002 11:11 PM

Hey Jorge,
Sorry I didn't get back sooner, haven't had a chance for a few days.
Thanks for the coments about my music, I do agree with you about the drums, you asked me if I'm the guitarrist, yes I did the guitars on that demo, and drums, and bass, and keyboard, and vocals... it really sucks to be a musician in the middle of nowhere!
If you don't learn a little of everything you can't get enywhere... But I'm trying!!! Just trying!!!
Thanks again.

Jeff