Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Nippamuk 06-25-2003 08:46 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:

Originally posted by Paul Curtiz:
Soundsurfr,
Good mix ! It was really cool doing this with you all !

In the meantime, you guys can expect a new Memphis/Philadelphia/Brussels (Lord Howell/FunkyD/myself) transatlantic collaboration effort real soon. Stay tuned ! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok, you guys are hot on THIS song, BUT, the real question is, of course,

When is the TOUR! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Nice work, guys, if you ever need an oud player, let me know...

archtop 06-25-2003 09:21 PM

I wanna be in a cool international band too [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

specially one that never meet's ,never practices and never gig's, I might have time for that.

Roy Howell 06-25-2003 10:11 PM

archtop... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

IntelDoc,
I finally got to listen to 'trainwreck'... really nice sound and spread on those acoustic guitars. You had mentioned getting a Taylor yourself...man, they make great guitars, don't they. The built in condensor mike/pickup makes them sound incredible live, so I bet they record just beautifully.
Anyway, good job on the song... I appreciate the listen...
-Roy

Kris Whitten...
Sorry to be late on listening, but I heard 'ZiggyWiggy' earlier today.... it's a strangely refreshing piece. Interesting intro...cool way to lead into the main body of the song. Great clarity overall. Good piece...
thanks, Roy

Nippamuk,
I'll have to check, but I think the word 'oud' is forbidden on the DUC... (ke hehehee)
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

IntelDoc 06-25-2003 10:32 PM

Roy,
Thanks for the comment. I am having fun with this client. He mainly plays open mic nights and is a Med School student at Georgetown. Had some spare time between semesters and wanted to throw together a quick demo. I told him that I would hook him up and we are now working on 6 songs. I actually played with "Train Wreck" some tonight in ACID and put a drum track to it. Kinda cool, but pretty basic. Got inspired to mess with loops today after work. (Thanks SoundSurfr) Kinda nice to hear a driving drum beat to it though. Here is the link in case ya want to hear it with the drums. All loops in Acid. I wanted to bring it into ProTools, but the original session was 48/24 and the loops are all 44. Seemed to sound better in Acid, so I stuck with it there... Added some plugs on the master fader and a trueverb aux. Wha La!

Here is the new link:
http://members.cox.net/andrewsintel/...reck_Drums.mp3

Thanks,
Doc

Roy Howell 06-25-2003 10:34 PM

Robb/8mmOD...
Finally caught 'Post Mortem'. Sheeesh...all my pictures are crooked, the dog is chasin his tail, and the cops have the place surrounded... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hehe... those are some low-ass tuned guitars, I'm tellin you...gotta be Db, at least. I'de love to check those things out.
Hey...sounds great, man. Post the next mix when you're ready...
thanks, Roy

kris whitten 06-25-2003 11:14 PM

Roy,

Thanks. The intro and structure is kinda part of the music type. It allows the dj to slowly mix into and out of the record, hence the gradual build ups and breaks.

I guess they call it minimal house music.

Probably more than you cared to know [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Micah777 06-25-2003 11:40 PM

doc- Yeah the drums really make it a totally different sounding song for teh better, I think. Sounds good. you should drop some bass to give it some low end.

clorox 06-26-2003 12:01 AM

Thanks for the positives guys. And thanks, even more for the constructive criticism.

We tracked the drums through a Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro straight into a Digi001. Full equipment, in addition to an mbox and 001:

Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro mixer
dbx 386 dual tube preamp
Line6 Pod Pro
AKG D112
Various Shure Mics, including Beta 52, 57's, 58's
Shure KSM27
2 AKG C1000's
All processing (compression, eq, etc.) done with LE default plug-ins.

Our next show is our CD Release Party at the Continental, 10:15 PM, Saturday July 26th. We got the show today; website to be updated soon.

IntelDoc 06-26-2003 03:39 AM

Micah,
The bass player (real human) is coming over tonight! Should be layin down tracks for 4 songs. I will keep ya posted!

thanks,

Steevp 06-26-2003 05:27 AM

You know why this thread is great?

I take a pause during the tune I'm working on I pop in here to see what's going on, take a listen, and then realise I'm completely up the wrong tree sonically, must try harder, am not the dude I think I am and really need to spend 4 days on the drums not 10 minutes..

You are all an inspiration (That won't stop me posting my junk tho!)

-S.