Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 08-25-2002 12:35 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

I guess your ovation is acoustic/electro if you're micing it too, eh? That's the sound I like... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
(it took me 5 days to think up that answer... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Dr.John 08-29-2002 06:13 AM

Well hey there people, we have a new one up. Some very hip vocal treatment on this tune using AutoTune and Pitch-n-Time, plus a 2-Tap stereo delay. Drums sounds from the TR808/909, lots of modulation on the instrumentals using Enigma. We think it's very different (and very good!). Give it a listen at:
Waiting for your heart

Thanx much,

Dr. John

Roy Howell 08-31-2002 04:05 PM

Dr. John,
Simply great, man... this is the best thing (to me) you've done yet. Excellent use of effects, great vocals, mix...very enjoyable experience. Where are you guys?

thanksroy [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Dr.John 08-31-2002 04:28 PM

Thank you Roy! We are based in Germany. That was a complex tune (for me) to produce. The instrumental work (most of it is actually guitar) took up most of the capacity of the session with all the effects that were going down, so I made a guide track and did the vocals running 4 AutoTunes at once in a seperate session. Lots of tweaking on the AutoTunes! Got the blue screen of death several times doing this. After they were done, I bounced them to disk and then imported the track into the original session. This is a good trick for those of you who haven't thought of it before. We are trying to get a more up to date sound in our future productions, and this was the first attempt. Glad you enjoyed it!

Mixed on Yamaha NS-10s, BTW!

Best,

Dr.John

Roy Howell 08-31-2002 04:42 PM

Dr. John,
I do separate 'mini sessions' constantly to achieve what I hear for my main session, OR I also will use the main session, scrapping many of my keeper tracks, just to make a great sample to import back. But, when I do it that way, I just don't save the session (in other words, I bounce what I want into a file first, so it's there for later). Then, when I come back into the main session, everything is as before, but I have my killer samples to import back into it.
I'm working on a thing using Harley samples right now, and am about to post it.(pretty cool).
Anyway, great job! Part of what makes this interesting is thinking it out first, know what I mean? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Later, Roy

Dr.John 09-01-2002 02:06 AM

It sometimes gets to the point where I draw a flowchart....But you are right, just thinking about how to manage the production is half the fun......Looking forward to your post!

Dr.John

Rational Punk 09-01-2002 08:29 AM

Great thread...a lot of interesting music being made out there.

A couple of "in-progress" mixes for the CD project I'm working on can be found at www.immovablemover.com

(Some of the tracks within these mixes were recorded prior to my move up to 24-bit with a questionable signal path, but I tried to salvage them as best I could.)

greenroom 09-01-2002 11:29 AM

Did i get the 1000th, did i? Did I?

Anyway

Heres some of ours - all on DIGI

http://www.mp3.com/Queensville_Wakes

greenroom 09-01-2002 11:31 AM

I did, I did.................my life is worth it after all [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pako 09-01-2002 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Thanks greenroom for gettin us over the hump... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I was afraid the page would explode or sumpin. Thanks to everybody who's put his stuff on here, too.
Here's my new little chopper opera...

'Burn'
http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/Burn.mp3

~rh [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Wow, Roy,

That was somthin'! 'Burn' was the first piece of music that my ears heard this morning and it was a totally fresh sound. It made me want to get on a Harley and ride really fast with my chain saw whiping in the air. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Very cool... In writing a song like 'burn', what is your creative process in writing a song like that? What synth type stuff are you doing/using?

Keep on keepin' on!

~Peace~