Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Okay, so I like Dark Mode but... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414987)

SomeOtherGuy 04-15-2021 01:46 PM

Okay, so I like Dark Mode but...

1 Attachment(s)
We need the same option that Logic has to change the background of the MIDI piano roll editor and main Edit window to Light Background, while still in Dark Mode. Then you get the benefits of a muted interface, but when there's editing to do, you can see what you're doing.

I can't see sh*t in PT's MIDI edit window. Come on guys...nice first and second attempts, but we all got work to do.

See the comparison here:

tekis 04-15-2021 07:05 PM

Re: Okay, so I like Dark Mode but...

Yeah, it needs work!

daeron80 04-16-2021 09:18 AM

musicman691 04-17-2021 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy (Post 2599669)
We need the same option that Logic has to change the background of the MIDI piano roll editor and main Edit window to Light Background, while still in Dark Mode. Then you get the benefits of a muted interface, but when there's editing to do, you can see what you're doing.

I can't see sh*t in PT's MIDI edit window. Come on guys...nice first and second attempts, but we all got work to do.

See the comparison here:

Let me guess - you're showing a drum MIDI track in PT right? Yeah that's a bit of a visual pain. But if you look at other MIDI tracks (provided you're not at some weird zoom level) everything is okay right? It sure is here. Not making excuses but try showing that same drum MIDI in Logic so we can make a real comparison.

SomeOtherGuy 04-17-2021 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a spiccato string track, not drums. The point here is that there's not enough contrast between the note color and the background. Doesn't matter how long the notes are, but here's longer notes.

musicman691 04-17-2021 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy (Post 2599858)
This is a spiccato string track, not drums. The point here is that there's not enough contrast between the note color and the background. Doesn't matter how long the notes are, but here's longer notes.

I have no problem seeing the notes in dark mode in the MIDI editor. Keep in mind a lot of visibility depends on what color the track is. Attached is a screengrab of a MIDI drum track where the track is a golden brown color. Notes perfectly visible.

BTW - your MIDI editor screen looks nothing like what I see in PT 2021.3.1 Which PT version are you using?

SomeOtherGuy 04-17-2021 03:25 PM

Glad it works for you...

albee1952 04-17-2021 04:41 PM

If you can, try adjusting the brightness of your screen(s). I find it can make a huge difference. Having said that, I am still on the fence re dark mode. I am running at the moment, but if I have to do heavy editing, I may go back to Classic mode(thanks to Avid for leaving that as an option):o

SomeOtherGuy 04-17-2021 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another beauty, because I've been known to write 1/16 notes on occasion.

musicman691 04-17-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy (Post 2599864)

Glad it works for you...

Thanks for that info. I still don't understand how your MIDI editor looks completely different than mine. The header in mine doesn't look like yours nor do I have the different colored horizontal lines like you show (unless I have more than one track's notes showing).