Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Cloud Collaboration Deleting Files? // Melodyne Files Gone (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=393437)

sharchik 08-31-2017 10:55 AM

Cloud Collaboration Deleting Files? // Melodyne Files Gone

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Avid Cloud Collaboration deleting files on you?

I've had to continually "redownload" sessions from the "Open Project" splash screen upon start up, since the session has the blue cloud with a down arrow symbol next to it.

I assumed if I was out of storage for example, that Avid would just not let me upload more stuff. After being warned that I used 99% I took two old projects off that I saved copies locally of and brought my usage down to around 70%.

Went to open an old session I was working on with a vocalist, some busses, an instrumental, and several vocal tracks each with Melodyne Plugins on them.

Now it seems that all my melodyne transfers are missing, and they aren't even present when I dig into Finder along this path...

/Users/samuelharchik/Documents/Pro Tools/Project Cache/8G-efMFJjbnLI9-4gpXFUc/3i2_egZIb5_M5FWNeACN_b#.ptproject/Revision History/Manual Saves/Melodyne/Transfers

So since everything worked fine a few days ago when I had this session open, I'm wonder what gives... I can NOT do all this work over again.

Any thoughts?! Thank you!

TOM@METRO 08-31-2017 11:34 AM

Re: Cloud Collaboration Deleting Files? // Melodyne Files Gone

Sorry to hear about this. All I can offer is; be sure you have all of the needed data on all "Projects" stored locally and test the backup before walking away. Perhaps someone here can offer more.

Top Jimmy 08-31-2017 12:37 PM

Pondering this situation, I don't believe Pro Tools can know about Melodyne's work files so any track with Melodyne would need to be committed before transferring between cloud or local storage.

Extreme Mixing 09-03-2017 08:38 AM

Wow. That really sucks and it needs to be changes. NOW.

Steve

BobK88 09-11-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharchik (Post 2447621)
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Avid Cloud Collaboration deleting files on you?

I've had to continually "redownload" sessions from the "Open Project" splash screen upon start up, since the session has the blue cloud with a down arrow symbol next to it.
[/B]

Yes. As I've described in other threads, I had this same problem of having to frequently re-download Projects from the cloud.

Also: One day PT deleted the three Projects from the Project Cache folder. One minute I saw them there, and a few minutes later they were gone.

And they wouldn't download from the cloud for some unknown reason until the next day.

There was a 24+ hour period where I couldn't access my files at all.

Once I was able to download the Projects again, I immediately saved them as Sessions and ceased working with PT Cloud Collaboration.