Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   INVALID authorization CODE (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=125574)

Bobi 01-07-2005 03:33 PM

INVALID authorization CODE

Hi,

I just bought an mbox with PT LE 6.4 and when I type in my authorization code in, it says its invalid.
How can I get my correct code ? I really got to have this working by sunday
Thanks
Bob.

Ducky 01-07-2005 03:43 PM

Re: INVALID authorization CODE

Join the crowd...
You need to email service or call them (if you have a lot of minutes on your phone card).

You might get lucky and DIGI Tech Support will read your thread.

This has been a shamefully pervasive problem

Baughb 01-07-2005 05:05 PM

A friend of mine just spent hours (literally) on hold to have a tech tell him to add a 9 to the end of his authorization code. The tech claimed a misprint on the code numbers. I would be tempted to start with the 9 and if that doesn't work, go through 0-8 as well.

best of luck!
Bob

swiman 01-07-2005 07:15 PM

I would love to find an answer to this. I got my new 002 last night and have just gotten it up and running. Software installed, and I get the same 'Invalid Authorization Code'.

I'm on XP and everything else went fine. It wanted to update firmware, did fine. But the code in the manual doesn't work. I noticed mine is 3 groups of characters separated by spaces. The first two groups have 8 characters. Mine has only 6 in the last group. Is it possible they didn't print the last two digits? Is yours 3 sets of 8 or 8,8 and 6?

I really don't look forward to trying to get the registration faxed in and sitting on hold for hours to find out about their screw up.

If this is the way they operate, I'm disappointed. I was expecting more out of them for as much as this stuff costs.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Scott

SimpleNatureSpirit 01-07-2005 07:41 PM

you can also email digi tech support. They usually answer this one within a day or two. Often Digi Tech has been monitoring these threads and provided a code through email during the weekend.

Just post with a clear subject and keep bumping it till you get satisfaction. Let them know what version you are trying to authorize. You might also make sure your DUC profile email is correct.

The code should be 3 sets of 8 digits.

If you have another code for PTLE of version 6.0-6.4, you can use that code to authorize up to 6.4. If you have v6.7, you will need a version 6.7 code from any digi hardware.

Although this is an outragious BooBoo , hang in there, Digi will respond.

froyo 01-07-2005 07:46 PM

Hello. Your code should start with DIGIxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx. The 'x' can be a number or letter in any case. It should be in the inside flap of your Getting Started With Mbox booklet. If you just bought it, you can register by mail or fax and get 30 days of free tech support from the day you register. Good luck.

punker 01-07-2005 08:54 PM

i just bought a mbox and waiting for my powerbook to come in, i looked at my code and it has 3 sets with 8 8 and 7 digits, am i in trouble?

Avid 01-07-2005 10:41 PM

If you are having problems with a new installation, please see this previous post and thread

Avid 01-08-2005 01:31 AM

Bobi, check your email for your correct authorization.

swiman 01-08-2005 09:01 AM

Thanks! I just emailed the webmaster with my code, serial, etc.

Here's hoping for a quick response.

I have people coming over to use it with me tonight and maybe there is hope yet...

Thanks again.