Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   What is included in the PERPETUAL license? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414976)

DimEyePianoGuy 04-15-2021 05:20 AM

What is included in the PERPETUAL license?

Hey folks..
So, can you tell me what is included in the standard Pro Tools PERPETUAL license?

I'm assuming the plugins bundle isn't, as well as Falcon, Eleven Effects, HEAT and Graphic EQ..

What about the air instruments and effects? What about expand!2?

EDIT: Reading more... it seems everything on this list is included in PERP + Renewals except for the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle and HEAT. Do I have that right? What about Falcon?

https://i.imgur.com/jf5Crc3l.png

digiot 04-15-2021 06:51 AM

Re: What is included in the PERPETUAL license?

As far as I know the only thing missing from my perpetual Ultimate license is Heat.
Also Ultimate Perpetual update is $399/year and Ultimate Sub is $799/year!:eek:
A Heat perpetual license is $199!

DimEyePianoGuy 04-15-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiot (Post 2599603)
As far as I know the only thing missing from my perpetual Ultimate license is Heat.
Also Ultimate Perpetual update is $399/year and Ultimate Sub is $799/year!:eek:
A Heat perpetual license is $199!

I don't think I'll be getting Ultimate.. Just the Standard will do me.

Good grief that's expensive :)

jeffro 04-15-2021 09:45 AM

Avid Falcon AAX is included in the Software Updates + Support Plan for perpetual licenses. See shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDetails?sku=DYNAP20000

DimEyePianoGuy 04-15-2021 02:14 PM

Thanks everyone.

Strangeway 04-22-2021 05:21 PM

Hi guys!

Pro Tools newbie here (longtime Logic user making the jump). I just wanted to clarify that the Complete Plugin Bundle is NOT part of the perpetual license? I just purchased the perp license after my 30-day Ultimate trial ended, and when I opened the project I'd been working on two of the plugins were no longer licensed (Moogerfooger). I thought they'd be included with the license but guessing I need to sub to the Complete bundle separately?

Thanks and sorry for the question that has probably been answered 1000 times on here already.

jeffro 04-22-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangeway (Post 2600353)
...I just wanted to clarify that the Complete Plugin Bundle is NOT part of the perpetual license?...

Welcome to the community.

That is correct. The Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle is a subscription license. It's available separately or included with the following while active:
  • Pro Tools Subscriptions
  • Pro Tools Ultimate Subscriptions
  • Pro Tools Ultimate Software Update Plans
The store pages for Pro Tools Perpetual and Subscription list what's included.

abc1mce2 04-23-2021 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2600354)
Welcome to the community.

That is correct, the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle is included with subscriptions and with Pro Tools Ultimate, or available separately. The store pages for perpetual and subscription list what's included.

The complete plugin bundle is only available to PTU if you have the support plan unless I'm missing something. I deactivated my support plan but not my PTU license and several of the plugins in the complete plugin bundle is now asking me to activate a license. If the complete plugin bumdle is included in PTU without the support plan then tell me what am I doing wrong Jeffro?

jeffro 04-23-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc1mce2 (Post 2600393)
The complete plugin bundle is only available to PTU if you have the support plan unless I'm missing something. I deactivated my support plan but not my PTU license and several of the plugins in the complete plugin bundle is now asking me to activate a license. If the complete plugin bumdle is included in PTU without the support plan then tell me what am I doing wrong Jeffro?

That is correct, sorry that my post wasn't clear. The Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle is a subscription license so is active with current Pro Tools Ultimate Software Update Plans (for perpetual licenses) and Subscriptions. I'll update my previous post to clarify this.