Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Advice for Foot Controller and Rack/Case for Eleven Rack? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=294790)

udamann88 02-16-2011 07:25 AM

Advice for Foot Controller and Rack/Case for Eleven Rack?

Ok....Men.........

I'm calling on my 11-Rack brethren (& the power of Greyskull) for a little help...........

Musician's Friend (aka The Devil) is having a Pesidents Day (week) sale & if you tell them the code word GEORGE you get 10% off if the total is over $249.99 & 15% if it's over $700.00 .............

So......I want to take advantage of this & take my 11-Rack live people..............

All I need is a foot controller & a 2-space rack/bag/thingy.......

I'm thinking the Ground Control Pro Board w/ the 11R template & not sure what rack case though...........

So tell me people, what should I get for these two items?

Does anyone use the GCP? How do you like it?

chrisdee 02-16-2011 07:50 AM

Re: By the power of Greyskull......

I was expecting an He-Man post, but where is Dolph:confused::eek::D

fly_with_v 02-16-2011 08:17 AM

Re: Advice for Foot Controller and Rack/Case for Eleven Rack?

I use the Gator bag which is good for carrying around, but if you are going to gig often I would get the SKB roto case.

I use a GSP1101 and control 2 for my foot controller. It work great and I have a backup processor and tons of effects if needed.

60Strat 02-16-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udamann88 (Post 1753532)
Ok....Men.........

I'm calling on my 11-Rack brethren (& the power of Greyskull) for a little help...........

Musician's Friend (aka The Devil) is having a Pesidents Day (week) sale & if you tell them the code word GEORGE you get 10% off if the total is over $249.99 & 15% if it's over $700.00 .............

So......I want to take advantage of this & take my 11-Rack live people..............

All I need is a foot controller & a 2-space rack/bag/thingy.......

I'm thinking the Ground Control Pro Board w/ the 11R template & not sure what rack case though...........

So tell me people, what should I get for these two items?

Does anyone use the GCP? How do you like it?

I have the Gator hard case and it has room in the bottom to carry my Ground Control Pro (and midi cable, guitar cable and power cables)...I really like the GCP and Sean's videos really helped me with the programming....

udamann88 02-16-2011 09:48 AM

Re: By the power of Greyskull......

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdee (Post 1753544)
I was expecting an He-Man post, but where is Dolph:confused::eek::D

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...Lundgren-1.jpg

The subject of this thread was changed from.....By the power of Greyskull......To the new one by one of the moderators.......I'm not sure why either.......

But.....

Here's some Dolph for ya Chrisdee......(Unless they remove it) Lol

udamann88 02-16-2011 09:51 AM

Can I get the part numbers on these cases so I have the right one? Unless there is just one 2-space hard case from Gator.....Then I understand.....

That would be ah........So great......& Thanks for all of the help.......:-)

Men, men, men, men...........:D

Jerry S 02-16-2011 10:35 AM

I have only good things to report on the GCP. I also have the gator soft case but would be interested in the product number for the hard case.

Muzza_Boogie 02-16-2011 01:29 PM

you may also find there is a shallow and deep case.
Im using a 2 space Gator and its fine... its a shallow case but i can fit cables etc in the back.

udamann88 02-18-2011 11:30 AM

Ok....Men......

Here's what I've ended up getting...........

1 - Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro
1 - Gator GR-2S Shallow Rack Case (2-Space)
1 - Rocktron 5-Pin to 7-Pin Midi Cable

I got a returned GC Pro for $319.00 & another 10% off of that......

oh yea.....

& 1 - Mission Engineering EP-11 (Made to use w/ the 11-Rack) Expression Pedal........It even comes in a black finish with an orange logo to match the 11R........Yea! This is VERY important........:D

I will have everything I need to take this puppy live now.........

Maybe I'll even make a video after I get it all set-up & running (Not VSA quality though)..............:D

jc7 02-19-2011 08:22 PM

7 pin cable, does the 11r send phantom power out its midi?