Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   iPad Control just changed to Version Mismatch (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412826)

smallstonefan 11-23-2020 07:19 AM

iPad Control just changed to Version Mismatch

Hi all,

I have a problem that just started. I have a pair of S1 units and a dock. The S1 units each have a Kindle Fire and I'm using an iPad air for the dock.

Everything has been working fine up until now. In EuControl, The status of the iPad is listed as Version Mismatch. I have updated the iPad software and re-installed Avid Control, and I downloaded and installed the latest EuControl software but this persists. It will not allow me to add this to My Surfaces with the issue.

Again, everything was working fine and I don't believe anything changed.

I welcome any help ya got! :)

James

smallstonefan 11-24-2020 10:58 AM

Re: iPad Control just changed to Version Mismatch

So even thought the Apple App store says that there was a new version of Avid Control put out 5 days ago (22.11.0), even with an uninstall, reboot, and fresh install on my ipad I still am running version 2020.11.0.9.

Does anyone know if this is correct? It seems like this failed about the time the new app came out.

Is there a way to roll back to 20.6.0 on the iPad?

EddieJones 11-25-2020 08:56 AM

The current version is 2020.11. You need to make sure both EuControl and the Apps are updated. You can find EuControl either in your Avid account or the Avid download center.

smallstonefan 11-25-2020 09:23 AM

Hi Eddie,

I appreciate your response. I have updated both EuControl and the app.

I still have the problem...

EddieJones 11-26-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallstonefan (Post 2585037)
Hi Eddie,

I appreciate your response. I have updated both EuControl and the app.

I still have the problem...

Can you please look at the about screen on both and check the exact version numbers for both and report back?

smallstonefan 11-26-2020 11:51 AM

You bet!

EuControl: 20.6.1.3 downloaded from my downloads section.

iPad Avid Control: 2020.11.0.9 downloaded from the Apple store (multiple times)

My Android tablets are working and they are version 20.6.0.1

Thanks Eddie!

EddieJones 11-26-2020 06:25 PM

You need to download EUCON(EuControl) 20.11 and then update the Android tablets to 20.11

smallstonefan 11-27-2020 07:00 AM

Hi Eddie,

I sorted this out with your help thanks!

This was the first time I updated EuControl and when I finally found the download page I just downloaded the latest release in the list, which I realize now was the latest of the previous releases.

Also, the latest iPad install does indeed have a different version number than displayed in the store and that was confusing me. It does work however...

You don't know what you've got till it's gone - losing that one surface was really slowing me down! :)

Thank you!