Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Template set up in PT7.3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=197024)

zoing123 05-09-2007 12:26 PM

Template set up in PT7.3

After creating a session with all the inputs set I save it and name it template 1. Next I open up the file with command i. I make it a stationery pad and lock it. When I double click on the template to create a new session a screen will appear and ask edit stationery pad or new session. I hit new session, name it and then save it to my audio drive. My problem is that the template has created a copy of the template called template 1 copy. After creating many new sessions their are multiple template copys that I now have to delete. How do I prevent the templates from making copys and just open new sessions for me to rename and save to the audio drive? I have not encountered this problem on my older Pro Tools system.

brdst 05-09-2007 12:37 PM

Re: Template set up in PT7.3

That's still not fixed? Well in 6.9 you have to open Pro Tools first, then open your session with command O. Double clicking creates a copied session file.

Brad

Carl Kolchak 05-09-2007 12:57 PM

Don't expect it to be fixed any time soon either, that's down to Apple changing the way stationary pads behave - not a PT problem.

This is my method / stock reply for Template set-up and use .

With that method, the session folders will contain the template, but at least it's self contained and you can always delete it if you need to, but at 32k (yeah a whole BBC B micro) it's not too wasteful.

DJH 05-09-2007 02:22 PM

Try this:

After making your template, drag it into the dock. Then, whenever you need to create a new session from the template, click on the template icon in the dock.

This should solve the problem.

tj_davies 05-10-2007 01:41 AM

Hmm, this doesn't happen here.

1. Stationary Pad is selected, but the template is not locked.
2. I open the template from within Pro Tools - I remember there used to be a bug when opening the template from the finder.
3. I save the session as "New Session"
4. once the session is created I close the session, open it again (this way the disc allocation is correct for all audio paths)

I end up with my session and no copies of the template.

Hope this helps,
Timothy

mr.armadillo 05-10-2007 09:17 AM

I don't really get what's the fuss about session templates...
They way we do it is rather simple:
Have a folder called "_Template" containing the template session. Duplicate that folder, rename it to whatever your project's name is and... work from there.
Never had any problems, even if the template had audio files in it.

doctorsunshine 05-10-2007 02:05 PM

Hi,

why not just create your new project, and do an " import sessions data" of your template ?

Jerome