Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Collab: Failed, couldn't connect to server (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=387098)

Broonz 12-10-2016 03:09 AM

Collab: Failed, couldn't connect to server

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find any info online about this problem...

I'm trying to collaborate a project but Pro Tools will either crash completely as soon as I try to 'share' anything or say "Failed: can't connect to server" in the task window.

I've tried it on small projects and large projects. Tried it one track at a time. We have lots of cloud space. i've checked Firewall settings on the computer.

Anyone else come across this or does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?

Thanks!

Broonz 12-10-2016 03:12 AM

Re: Collab: Failed, couldn't connect to server

BTW, my specs are:

Pro Tools 12.5.0
El Capitan 10.11.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Ecroxford 12-10-2016 03:02 PM

I upgraded to 12.6.2 yesterday and now i'm having the same issue. I've not had this problem prior to this...(was on 12.6.0).

windows 10 anniversary
firewire dm4800 interface
6 core I7

Southsidemusic 12-10-2016 03:32 PM

Where are you finding 12.6.2?

We are still at 12.6.1 ;)

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...69#post2397969

Ecroxford 12-10-2016 04:13 PM

typo... i'm an idiot :D 12.6.1

Southsidemusic 12-10-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecroxford (Post 2400425)
typo... i'm an idiot :D 12.6.1

No worries, you are not an idiot :D We all done the same, just wanted to make sure we don't confuse members hehe

Best Regards
Christopher

terracestudio 10-11-2017 08:43 PM

I just installed 12.8 and I'm trying to upload files to collaborate. I get the "Failed: couldn't connect to the server". I'm able to signin to my master account, and "File-SignIn" signs me in fine. I upgraded to 10 GBs of server space. But for some reason my upload "failed".

Also curious, if you've upgraded to larger storage plan, do you get a corresponding increase in the number of projects you can store?

junkgear 11-08-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terracestudio (Post 2453445)
Also curious, if you've upgraded to larger storage plan, do you get a corresponding increase in the number of projects you can store?

The larger plans offer unlimited projects. I'm trying to get clarification on the 10GB plan as there is no mention about the project limit.

C.Bayley 01-21-2018 04:49 PM

Hello,
So is there any solution to this failure of cloud collaboration"fail to connect to server.Have just tried to share a session, and all went well till my collaborator tried to download the project.He can download it, but it only gets the tempo markers etc and no audio or instrument tracks and in the task manager i can see it says "fail to connect to server".
i can see this thread and several others here but no solution is offered.
I'm on 12.8.3 and my collaborator is on 12.7.
Ive already payed for extra storage and am annoyed this isn't working.
Any solution Avid?,it looked so easy on the videos but as a long term pro tools user i should realise that the claims don't always match the reality.

C.Bayley 01-21-2018 07:34 PM

I’ll reply to my own post.
The solution is to upgrade cloud client services as mentioned in another post.
Only problem was it had a cost involved for the 12.7 user as he had no annual plan.Didnt need to upgrade 12.7 just cloud client services.
I’m looking forward to using the collaboration.