Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Powering off S3 crashes Eucon (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406562)

ulisauer 10-02-2019 12:02 AM

Powering off S3 crashes Eucon

Hi there,
we're having the issue that when a S3 unit is switched off, the other workstations EUCON within the network crash. Note that the unit that is switched off was not linked to the crashing workstation, it's just in the same network.
W10 workstations in windows network

Anyone else?
Thanks.

EddieJones 10-02-2019 08:25 AM

Re: Powering off S3 crashes Eucon

Are they all on the same EUCON version ?

ulisauer 10-02-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2540079)
Are they all on the same EUCON version ?

Correct. 19.7.

EddieJones 10-03-2019 07:11 AM

We obviously test this extensively here, but went back and retested and can't reproduce this. Are you 100% sure you don't have an old EUCON on a machine somewhere

mattrixx 10-03-2019 05:27 PM

HI Eddie..
I just reproduced this just now. Power cycled the S3 to fix a couple of the OLEDs, which were doing that weird split display thing, that I have reported previously. (occurs after a little while and needs a power cycle of the S3 to get them working correctly again).

Anyway, I've reported it in the crash reporter as it happened. So hopefully you'll have that come though shortly.

Cheers,
Matt

EddieJones 10-04-2019 10:11 AM

We found the crash dump in our system and wrote up a bug. Thanks

BrianGasacao 10-04-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulisauer (Post 2540048)
Hi there,
we're having the issue that when a S3 unit is switched off, the other workstations EUCON within the network crash. Note that the unit that is switched off was not linked to the crashing workstation, it's just in the same network.
W10 workstations in windows network

Anyone else?
Thanks.

@ulisauer - On all your Eucon workstations, what setting do you have in EuControl Surface tab for 'Automatically Add:'? Is it set to 'All Surfaces' or 'My Surfaces'?

ulisauer 10-04-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianGasacao (Post 2540303)
@ulisauer - On all your Eucon workstations, what setting do you have in EuControl Surface tab for 'Automatically Add:'? Is it set to 'All Surfaces' or 'My Surfaces'?

It is set to ‚My Surfaces Only‘.
It just crashed again, I sent you a crash dump.

ulisauer 10-07-2019 10:59 AM

You can download the "crash.crash" zipped here
Please advise.

ulisauer 10-09-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2540180)
We obviously test this extensively here, but went back and retested and can't reproduce this. Are you 100% sure you don't have an old EUCON on a machine somewhere

Hi Eddie,
No, there is no other computer in the network with an old version of eucon.