Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Pro Tools First PXF PlugIn Error Message (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416344)

Coryo 07-23-2021 07:12 PM

Pro Tools First PXF PlugIn Error Message

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

For the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to access any of my projects on Pro Tools First. I receive this message: "Could not create a new document because PXF PlugIn is not installed"(see attached image). I have tried the following remedies with no success:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the program

- Changed around setup settings

- Moved PlugIn files into a different folder, and then back

- Looked up PXF PlugIn(haven't found anything to download)

- Looked into third party plugins as an issue(I do not have any third party pluging to my knowledge).

Anyone have any suggestions? I've been paying for the cloud service for a while now, so being unable to access my projects is pretty frustrating.

albee1952 07-24-2021 07:35 AM

Re: Pro Tools First PXF PlugIn Error Message

Hmm, never seen this issue before. I would remove and re-install PTF(it won't affect sessions of projects). Personally, I would avoid the cloud and work only with "sessions" on your hard drive(instead of "projects" in the cloud). Check the manual to see if you can download or copy cloud projects to your hard drive.

mongsoup 07-28-2021 09:31 PM

I have this same exact issue, have you found a solution?

Coryo 08-05-2021 12:21 AM

Update.... Still nothing. I actually bought a new computer, partly because I was desperate to get this working and collaborate with my band. When trying to open or create a new project I just get a blank screen now.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? I'm just so frustrated and out of solutions. Is Pro Tools really this terrible?

DigiTechSupt 08-05-2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coryo (Post 2608608)
Hello,

For the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to access any of my projects on Pro Tools First. I receive this message: "Could not create a new document because PXF PlugIn is not installed"(see attached image). I have tried the following remedies with no success:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the program

- Changed around setup settings

- Moved PlugIn files into a different folder, and then back

- Looked up PXF PlugIn(haven't found anything to download)

- Looked into third party plugins as an issue(I do not have any third party pluging to my knowledge).

Anyone have any suggestions? I've been paying for the cloud service for a while now, so being unable to access my projects is pretty frustrating.

Try going to your plugins folder then temporarily place all plugins on a different location, then launch Pro tools first and see if the same issue occurs. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

-Tope

DigiTechSupt 08-05-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coryo (Post 2609703)
Update.... Still nothing. I actually bought a new computer, partly because I was desperate to get this working and collaborate with my band. When trying to open or create a new project I just get a blank screen now.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? I'm just so frustrated and out of solutions. Is Pro Tools really this terrible?

Can you post a screenshot? Not sure if it's just the mix window not appearing, you can try hitting CTRL+"=" on windows / CMD+"=" on mac.

-Tope

JimiD 10-13-2021 10:26 AM

I am having the same issue. I opened a help case (#04266457). Avid support told me to search the Knowledge base. I didn't find anything helpful.

junkgear 10-13-2021 01:13 PM

Are you running under the same user account as you installed Pro Tools First under? If Pro Tools First can't access the project cache location on your disk, it can lead to similar problems.

Same goes for if you recently switched or added accounts to your system.