Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Love DMG Audio EQuick (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=354301)

Nathan W. 05-08-2014 10:59 AM

Love DMG Audio EQuick

What a great plugin. :D As much as I like to complain about bad software and bugs just wanted to say for the record DMG hit is out of the ball-park with the plugin. The interface is wonderful, (it's actually MORE fun to EQ) and I love the way it sounds...much smoother sounding than Avid's stock EQ's.

mgoorevich 05-09-2014 04:33 AM

Re: Love DMG Audio EQuick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan W. (Post 2155334)
What a great plugin. :D As much as I like to complain about bad software and bugs just wanted to say for the record DMG hit is out of the ball-park with the plugin. The interface is wonderful, (it's actually MORE fun to EQ) and I love the way it sounds...much smoother sounding than Avid's stock EQ's.

Then you should try the Equilibrium...

Brandonx1 05-09-2014 10:28 AM

I have issues with equality so i haven't used his other plug ins but quick looks great. I would buy it if equality was fixed.

Meads 05-09-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonx1 (Post 2155590)
I have issues with equality so i haven't used his other plug ins but quick looks great. I would buy it if equality was fixed.

What's wrong with Equality? Used it on every track b/f Equilibrium took over, and never had an issue. Also, you can always contact Dave if you have found a bug. He's responsive and helpful.

dr sound 05-09-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonx1 (Post 2155590)

I can't speak of a Windows machine Brandon, but Dave recently did a bunch of fixes and my Equality works just fine on my Mac.

fsrenduro 05-09-2014 02:39 PM

I wish it allowed you to hear everything you're removing and not just one band at a time

Peter Cole 05-09-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr sound (Post 2155642)
I can't speak of a Windows machine Brandon, but Dave recently did a bunch of fixes and my Equality works just fine on my Mac.

Dave might have completed "a bunch of fixes" but the DMG Website lists the last fix at December 17, 2013 Version 1.23

It would be nice if Dave posted the EQuality fixes to the DMGAudio website... or do we all need to ask Chris J. for the fixes? :)

DAVE!

:)

TimNielsen 05-09-2014 09:08 PM

What is the major difference between EQuick and Equality.

I have EQuick and love it, but why would I also want Equality?

Brandonx1 05-11-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2155598)
What's wrong with Equality? Used it on every track b/f Equilibrium took over, and never had an issue. Also, you can always contact Dave if you have found a bug. He's responsive and helpful.

Equality doesn't map to artist series correctly and the audio suite version of the plug in is so laggy it's unusable. Plug in sounds great in inserts but I can't use it because it doesn't work with my controller. He knows about the issue. I've emailed him about the issue many times.

cjguitar 05-15-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimNielsen (Post 2155708)
What is the major difference between EQuick and Equality.

I have EQuick and love it, but why would I also want Equality?

Equality is somewhat simpler, and limited. 9 Bands only, with two High Pass filters, One Low Pass Filter and High/Low shelfs that can be switched to bells, and 4 bells that can be switched to notches. What it has that Equick doesn't have is 5 different processing modes, from Digital, Digital+, Minimum Phase, Analogue Phase and Linear Phase. Equick only has Digital and Linear Phase. Equlibirium on the other hand can do anything the others can, including totally customizable UI, up to 32 bands, analog modeled filters, tilt filter, about 8 different High/Low pass filters, fully tweakable DSP (phase/FIR/IIR, all the modes that Equilibrium has plus more).