Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Auto Tune for Windows (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=61150)

Bob-sw 11-30-2001 01:41 PM

Auto Tune for Windows

Another question. I have Auto-Tune 1.1 windows version, but it doesn't work. When i try to set it up, it gives me a message that it'll only work with Windows NT. How is that possible when PTLE is only compatable w/ Windows 98 or ME and not 2000. 2000 I've been told is an advanced version of NT and I could use that OP, but if Pro Tools doesn't work on it, why bother? Is there anyway to get Auto Tune to work on my comp? I really need it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

bonti 11-30-2001 02:01 PM

Re: Auto Tune for Windows

Are you sure it isn't the TDM version?

English Jim 11-30-2001 02:07 PM

I used the demo on my Win 98SE system. I can't say with no problems because the program (Auto Tune) is pretty buggy in Windows but it does work. You can't use it in real time though, you have 'Audiosuite' it.

I spoke with Antares yesterday and they said they are no plans right now to port AutoTune 3 to RTAS for PC, so what's new?

Morningstar 11-30-2001 07:22 PM

No, that's false. Autotune rtas is only realtime in PTLE, not Audiosuite. I have 1.1 and wish like hell I could use it in audiosuite. It's not particularly effective as a real-time plug, as it's a resource HOG (now, the direct version is not, but that's another story), and hopefully, you don't need it for an entire take.

RR

simonftrent 12-01-2001 03:45 AM

I bought the 'real' version, but this is just the demo version without the expiry feature. I agree it's a bit hungry on the cpu, so I have to make all the other plug-ins inactive and then record a new track with the autotune on the original. If you see what I mean. I don't get the 'meter' bit to show how much tuning is required..is this one of the bugs?

Si

Bob-sw 12-01-2001 09:49 AM

I'm sorry, i just realized it is the TDM version. is there anyway to get it to work on LE though?

Mr_Seven 12-01-2001 10:20 AM

The meter work only in 256 colors. Try it.

Mr_Seven 12-01-2001 05:37 PM

Yeah, Morningstar, didn't you read the "English" Dictionary. You know the one, where audiosuite means record it to a different track with effect and then adjust for latency? And "Plug-in" means export it to a 24bit wave and then run it through some VST/DX then import it back in. Oh, yeah and "single quotes" are "inverted commas". [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

jeffinmarin 12-01-2001 07:47 PM

The national sales manager told me,about 3 weeks ago, that Auto Tune 3 for ptle-PC will be out "next spring". I'm holding my breath. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

frontlinezz 12-01-2001 09:05 PM

I have ptle for win 98, I downloaded the demo of autotune, I'm somewhat impressed, though the intercace could be a bit more user friendly. I was under the assumption that autotune 3 was available for rtas.. is this incorrect?