Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Key Command Toggle Clip and Notes views on a midi track? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=335476)

DFT 03-07-2013 12:11 AM

Key Command Toggle Clip and Notes views on a midi track?

Is there a Key Command to toggle Clip and Notes views on a midi track either when the track is selected or content in the track is selected?

Same thing for either multiple selected tracks or when content on multiple tracks is selected?

Thank you.

Dave Modisette 02-16-2014 05:23 PM

Re: Key Command Toggle Clip and Notes views on a midi track?

I'm looking for the same answer as well. Google has got me this far. If I find the answer I will post it for future searchers.

fm_xtk 02-18-2014 08:58 AM

The way I do it is by repeatedly pressing ctrl+command+left/right arrow key.

This key command will toggle through the available views of any single selected track. I don't know about multiple tracks - will need to check when I am in front of my rig.

rv2 03-19-2017 01:55 AM

i use "-" (minus) to toggle between clips and notes view in main Edit window...

This pretty much replaces midi editor for me...

I can do all my stuff in single window and on a single timeline...

This for me is unique to ProTools in my opinion...

Most other DAWs subscribe to the typical horizontal split window between clip arrangement and note editing... I HATE THIS because you jump between 2 zoom modes constantly and you move notes in isolation as opposed to moving notes in the big picture where you see the entire arrangement...

Philthy 03-21-2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rv2 (Post 2419440)

Most other DAWs subscribe to the typical horizontal split window between clip arrangement and note editing... I HATE THIS because you jump between 2 zoom modes constantly and you move notes in isolation as opposed to moving notes in the big picture where you see the entire arrangement...

I agree that this feature of ProTools is wonderful... however I wish we could set it to default tracks to note view, as it used to be (at least in version 7, note view was the default, and the midi notes were automatically vertically centered after a recording pass. Now you just end up with a dumb brick, and the notes are not vertically centered when you switch to note view. )

subhuffer 03-03-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

THIS x 1000

tooold 06-01-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

This tip about the "-" key is gold. Thanks!

tooold 12-09-2021 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooold (Post 2603320)
This tip about the "-" key is gold. Thanks!

Well, it *was* gold... it's not working in 2021.3

The ctrl-command-left/right arrow command still works, but just hitting "-" was so much easier.

Is this something peculiar to my system? Is it working for anyone else on 2021.3?

Thanks,

Myles

tooold 01-13-2022 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooold (Post 2621944)
Well, it *was* gold... it's not working in 2021.3

The ctrl-command-left/right arrow command still works, but just hitting "-" was so much easier.

Is this something peculiar to my system? Is it working for anyone else on 2021.3?

Thanks,

Myles

Bumping this back up to the top, as this doesn't seem to be working in 2021.7... or it's working sometimes and not others. Which means maybe there are certain conditions in which it works, and if those aren't satisfied it doesn't - but I can't figure out what they are. It would be nice to know what those are, if they exist. It's such a convenient shortcut that it would be nice to be able to rely on it.