Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Help with I/O Assignment for Tascam US-800 Interface (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=312144)

maxspl 11-19-2011 01:39 AM

Help with I/O Assignment for Tascam US-800 Interface

I am trying to use the Tascam US-800 with PT 9, and I am having an issue recording from all the inputs. The US-800 has 8 inputs, but I can only record inputs 1 & 2. The rest show as active inputs (yellow) that I can select and assign to tracks in the PT 9 edit window, but I get no signal from the mic. I know the mic inputs are working because I can see the levels on the software control panel for the interface, on the instrument front panel, and hear them through the headphone. I have also recorded each individual input with Cubase; so I know the hardware works.

I am using the ASIO4ALL driver to interface the US-800 with PT because of incompatible latency settings between the two. I have successfully recorded with the Tascam US-1641 interface with this configuration in PT with no issue and assumed that there would be no issue with the US-800.

I’m wondering if there is some issue with signal routing in PT that I’m overlooking. I read the PT9 reference and thought I assigned everything right, but I could have missed something simple. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Max

isherwoodme 12-29-2012 06:40 PM

Re: Help with I/O Assignment for Tascam US-800 Interface

Hello Max, I'm having the same issue, did you get this figured out yet?

I had it working fine on my MacBook Pro until the cat peed on it. No more cat.

I installed PT9 on a new Windows machine and am using ASIO4ALL as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

crizdee 12-30-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxspl (Post 1868310)

I’m wondering if there is some issue with signal routing in PT that I’m overlooking. I read the PT9 reference and thought I assigned everything right, but I could have missed something simple. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Max

Hi,

A few things to check..

In the hardware setup page. You have 8 inputs assigned to the analogue inputs on the tascam.

In the I/O setup page you have 8 inputs created and all assigned to the 8 inputs on the tascam.

Chris

isherwoodme 01-20-2022 07:44 PM

Just saw this post. Figured since nobody posted the solution, that I would do it for posterity.
The TASCAM US-800 (I still have mine) won't work on modern versions of Windows (in Pro Tools specifically) because it has non-standard buffer sizes.
The only buffer sizes that will work with PT are 32(although I've had issues going that low),64,128,256,512,1024, & 2048
The US-800 has settings of 192,240,288,336,384,576
I think it will still work properly on a Mac (how I first used mine) because the Mac operating system takes control of audio drivers - or through ASIO4all for other DAWs because apparently, they're not that picky.
Hope it helps clear it up for someone.