Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dont read this... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=278703)

xWizardx 07-26-2010 03:40 PM

Dont read this...

Hi, i'm a new guy here, im looking for a software to make real music, a pro one but i don't really know. Pro tools convince me but i want to know what makes PT so ''cool'' i hear about Logic, Fl studio, Cubase, Ableton..I start making beats on FL and as a begginer the people like my music. Can some of you people tell me how can i be a pro, any courses that really work, what i need, what i have to do, How to make dance music, the basics, what instruments i have to use . I want to know everything cause electronic music, specially trance is what i love! THX.. :D

Keybeeetsss 07-26-2010 04:18 PM

Re: Dont read this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWizardx (Post 1642513)
Can some of you people tell me how can i be a pro,

:eek:)_____(:eek:
:D

necjamc 07-26-2010 04:28 PM

:confused:
:eek:

justus1900 07-26-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWizardx (Post 1642513)
Can some of you people tell me how can i be a pro, any courses that really work, what i need, what i have to do

Dude, This what you need to do. First find a recording studio, go in and ask every person there what kind of Pizza do you like, once you know what kind of Pizza everyone likes, Get on the phone and order the Pizza's to be delivered to the studio, when the pizza's arrive pay for them with cash out of your own pocket, then give everyone there pizza. once you have completed this mission someone might teach you something about recording.

Keybeeetsss 07-26-2010 05:40 PM

Now Justus I've been around the world & Eye-yiye-yiye-yiye, I can't believe u said that :D

danander11 07-26-2010 05:57 PM

I want a meat lovers with extra bacon... Family sized. :D

albee1952 07-26-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danander11 (Post 1642591)
I want a meat lovers with extra bacon... Family sized. :D

You guys are brutal........can I join in:rolleyes::cool::D. In any case, to really, actually answer the question; the software does not make you(or anyone) a pro. Learning how/why and when, good technical skills and trained ears will make you a pro and it won't matter what software you use. I'm partial to pepperoni:eek:

necjamc 07-26-2010 07:12 PM

Green pepper and onion. mmmmm:D
I'm comfortable just learning. and never considering myself a pro. Just someone that knows a lot but always learning.

Keybeeetsss 07-26-2010 07:17 PM

Coletta's only for me.. Meat lovers :D

ondruspat 07-26-2010 07:58 PM

My definition of "pro" is that one is paid for one's services. Yep, that gig you made $5 at and all the free beer you could handle, that made ya a pro...

I don't argue too much with pizza, don't dig olives or pinapple on 'em though... :D

If your into to veggies, I've had an awesome spinach and mushroom pizza... :rolleyes:mmm:rolleyes: