Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   "Can't locate PT authorization" PT 2020.12 and iLok USB Key (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420259)

Ben Jenssen 04-28-2022 03:05 PM

"Can't locate PT authorization" PT 2020.12 and iLok USB Key

I have, and I'm on v 2020.12. Two times the last couple of days, I've come back to my computer and the error is like: "can't locate PT authorization. Insert ilok now or save and quit." Ilok is inserted all the time. I save and quit, relaunch and everything is fine. I got rid of iLok Cloud recently just to avoid these kinds of episodes. I've kinda figured there was a thing with Avid changing things with 2022 and reconfiguring licenses in some way, but that thinking comes from a year of using ilok cloud and relying on online connection - ilok key with license should never have 'dropouts' or glitches, right? that's the whole point.

jeffro 04-28-2022 04:07 PM

Re: 2022.4/iLok Pace issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2635017)
...Two times the last couple of days, I've come back to my computer and the error is like: "can't locate PT authorization. Insert ilok now or save and quit." Ilok is inserted all the time...

What version of iLM?

Ben Jenssen 04-28-2022 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2635034)
What version of iLM?

Attachment 15809

I updated it 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Ben Jenssen 04-28-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2635036)
Did you see this on your system? I just updated iLM to 5.5.2 this morning and it left my Cloud Session in Managed mode.

What is this "automatic/manual managed mode" that you speak of? :confused::confused::confused:
(I thought that selecting "Close ilok cloud session", and transferring all licenses to the dongle would turn off the ilok cloud thing. is there more?)

BScout 04-28-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2635065)
What is this "automatic/manual managed mode" that you speak of? :confused::confused::confused:
(I thought that selecting "Close ilok cloud session", and transferring all licenses to the dongle would turn off the ilok cloud thing. is there more?)

Click on the iLok cloud. Open/activate it. Then look to the right column and do “show details” (much like you’d look at TLC protection on a normal iLok).
Then look at the top right corner and it will show the mode. Click there and you can switch modes.
After you have it in manual, log the cloud out/close the iLok cloud session.

Ben Jenssen 04-28-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2635071)
Click on the iLok cloud. Open/activate it. The look to the right column and do “show details” (much like you’d look at TLC protection on a normal iLok).
Then look at the top right corner and it will show the mode. Click there and you can switch modes.
After you have it in manual, log the cloud out/close the iLok cloud session.

Thanks.
iLok cloud details says: status closed, mode managed.
I don't see any switch modes button, but that's ok.

Added: Ok, if I click the "open cloud session", which is sorta to the top right on screen, ilok cloud is activated and I get an option to 'automate' it managementally… silly. I just close the damned thing.

Ben Jenssen 05-11-2022 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2635017)
I have, and I'm on v 2020.12. Two times the last couple of days, I've come back to my computer and the error is like: "can't locate PT authorization. Insert ilok now or save and quit." Ilok is inserted all the time. I save and quit, relaunch and everything is fine. I got rid of iLok Cloud recently just to avoid these kinds of episodes. I've kinda figured there was a thing with Avid changing things with 2022 and reconfiguring licenses in some way, but that thinking comes from a year of using ilok cloud and relying on online connection - ilok key with license should never have 'dropouts' or glitches, right? that's the whole point.

It's been two weeks now, and it has not happened again. I'm not shure if my two incidents really was the same issue at all, and the problem is with 2022.4, or perhaps the fact that I moved my ilok from usb3 port on the Mini to a usb1 port on an older wired apple extended keyboard. IDK.

jeffro 05-11-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2636758)
It's been two weeks now, and it has not happened again. I'm not shure if my two incidents really was the same issue at all, and the problem is with 2022.4, or perhaps the fact that I moved my ilok from usb3 port on the Mini to a usb1 port on an older wired apple extended keyboard. IDK.

Thanks for your status update. Sounds like a different issue in that all other reports are with 2022.4.