Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Can't save UI Customizations or Presets in 2021.6 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416020)

Jess Davy 06-24-2021 11:08 AM

Can't save UI Customizations or Presets in 2021.6

It doesn't save Color Palette presets at all. It doesn't create a preset file and also doesn't save quick presets and it looks like they forgotten that they removed Resources section in System Usage window.

Tweakhead 06-24-2021 11:31 AM

Re: Pro Tools 2021.6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess Davy (Post 2605250)
snip . . . I also found out that it doesn't save Color Palette presets at all. It doesn't create a preset file and also doesn't save quick presets and it looks like they forgotten that they removed Resources section in System Usage window.

I wonder if they need more beta testers?

I installed, launched, and this is the first thing I found.
I carefully customized the colors to my dark preference, saved it, went to light mode, customized it, saved it.
Went to recall my dark setting . . . uh - nothing there. Wasted my time.

What a great feature.

Edit: Update . . .
Actually it does work. You just shouldn't use "Save Settings As" first time around.
You must use "Save Settings", then after that you can use "Save Settings As".

While editing a UI Theme parameter, Page Up/Down in the Edit Window does not work.

Benny Mouthon 06-24-2021 02:08 PM

Can't save UI Customizations or Presets in 2021.6

Like the header says..

I change the UI settings, SAVE or SAVE AS and give the file a name
but it doesn't save the file in the COLOR PALETTE folder.

Similarly, I can't apply the settings to a 1-5 preset (command+click), just resets it all to the default settings.

2018 MacMini, 10.14.6

Obsidian Dragon 06-24-2021 02:10 PM

Re: Can't save UI Customization settings..

Yeah. Several others have found this to be the case.

musicman691 06-24-2021 02:17 PM

Somebody over on Gearspace (used to be Gearslutz) is saying that any color change presets one makes are not being saved. Haven't tried it - just mentioning what I'm seeing there. Does anyone know if they're global or per session?

tones 06-24-2021 03:18 PM

+1

massivekerry 06-24-2021 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Agreed.

I tried saving it to a new (Mac) folder, but interestingly enough, I got this message. So, maybe there was a bit of code that needs to have its Text String changes? PS - I tried making a new folder in there called "Window Presets". Pro Tools didn't like that either.

massivekerry 06-24-2021 03:55 PM

Re: Dark mode forum thread request

1 Attachment(s)
The Color Palette changes won't save, but I may have found a hint when I tried to Save them to a newly-created subfolder (on Mac). Check out the attached Error Message.

Tweakhead 06-24-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2605317)
Somebody over on Gearspace (used to be Gearslutz) is saying that any color change presets one makes are not being saved. Haven't tried it - just mentioning what I'm seeing there. Does anyone know if they're global or per session?

hey musicman, I already posted how to solve it earlier in this thread :

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...60#post2605260

mattrixx 06-24-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2605317)

They are saving for me (remember to command + click on one of the five preset buttons, like we do for zoom and clip effects presets).