Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Waves Z Noise - Anyone Try It Yet? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=156440)

Johnny2Laps 01-03-2006 06:15 PM

Waves Z Noise - Anyone Try It Yet?

Has anyone tried Waves Z Noise yet?

http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=2027

I have Restoration and Waves says this is the next big thing. I'm all WUPped up and can get it at a discount if I act now. Is it worth it?

TVPostSound 01-03-2006 08:06 PM

Re: Waves Z Noise - Anyone Try It Yet?

Sure, they improve X-Noise, call it Z-Noise, and offer it to you for $400.00

So do you think Y-Noise wasnt an improvement???

Johnny2Laps 01-04-2006 10:07 AM

Yeah I love Waves too. But X Noise is pretty good and I use it fairly often. If Z Noise is that much better it may be worth $400. Too soon for anyone to have taken the plunge?

K.B. 01-05-2006 02:19 AM

Spectral editing isn't unique to Waves and has been around for a while. Take a look at Adobe Audition. Some post folk regularly use this as a fix. It can be very impressive. The down side is that tools like this are encouraging a growing laziness and cost-cutting in the Production dept. which incresingly believes that anything can be fixed in post.

roberts 01-05-2006 08:17 AM

obnoxious post deleted

Lee Blaske 01-05-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

The link says it's $800, and Native only. If they come out with a TDM version, it'll most likely require an additional upgrade fee.

I am really glad that most of the other companies I do business with continue to upgrade their products for a reasonable fee to existing users rather than continually coming out with new things that replace and make redundant things I already bought from them.

We've had L1, L2 and L3, and I'll bet there will eventually be an L4. I wonder where Waves will go after Z.

Lee Blaske

Johnny2Laps 01-05-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The link says it's $800, and Native only. If they come out with a TDM version, it'll most likely require an additional upgrade fee.

Lee Blaske

The email they sent me says:

Z-Noise retails for $800. All Diamond, Broadcast & Production, and Restoration Bundle owners with current Waves Update Plan coverage can upgrade to Z-Noise for $600.

For a limited time only, owners of these bundles with current Waves Update Plan coverage can purchase Z-Noise for $400. Offer good until January 31, 2006.

Like I said, I'm all WUPped up at the moment, so $400. I'm sure TDM will cost more when the time comes. But, I never upgraded my Restoration to TDM and don't miss it. For the most part I use X Noise on a clip by clip / audiosuite basis anyway.

I'm going to give the demo vers a try.

Andre Knecht 01-05-2006 03:33 PM

Call me crazy, but this “Z” thingie looks a lot like something that belongs into the restoration bundle.

obnoxious portions deleted

TVPostSound 01-05-2006 09:08 PM

OK, Ive been playing with the demo of Z-noise, its basically X-noise with a 5 band eq/compression added. Not impressed.

Should have been a free WUPdate!!!

Heres my thought, if you own Waves restoration, spend the money on the guys at Wavearts (Multidynamics).

X-noise combined with Multidynamics, and Q10 does a better job.

filmixer 01-05-2006 09:19 PM

DIAFXMX, what's the latency for the Z-Noise? I'm curious. Thanks.