Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Chat Transcript | Avid PT 11 Webinar at NAB 2013 | 04/09/2013 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=337057)

Meads 04-08-2013 07:02 PM

Chat Transcript | Avid PT 11 Webinar at NAB 2013 | 04/09/2013

All questions are answered here, very interesting (very looong) read. But you can search for keywords.

Get the PDF here.

Mirror

AxeDye 04-08-2013 07:30 PM

Re: Chat Transcript | Avid PT 11 Webinar at NAB 2013 | 04/09/2013

thanks

AxeDye 04-09-2013 10:50 PM

just finished reading, so not one person asked if multi touch worked in windows 8 lol. Not a big deal to me but I thought it was a good question.

EricWillhelm 04-16-2013 10:51 AM

Is it just me, or does this snippet disprove what everyone's complaining about (that you can only get 11HD sans hardware if you upgrade from CPTK)?...

Guest:
Can you buy a PT 11 HD license without hardware and without upgrading a CPTK?

Gil Gowing:
Yes

robert miller:
Yes

soybalm 04-16-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricWillhelm (Post 2030992)
Is it just me, or does this snippet disprove what everyone's complaining about (that you can only get 11HD sans hardware if you upgrade from CPTK)?...

Guest:

Gil Gowing:
Yes

robert miller:
Yes

I think they were both answering the question "Will it work on Windows 8?" They said that you can't buy HD without hardware or CPTK in so many other places.

mix109 04-17-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybalm (Post 2030998)
I think they were both answering the question "Will it work on Windows 8?" They said that you can't buy HD without hardware or CPTK in so many other places.

That is correct, and i have just asked an AVID rep, PT11HD wont be sold as a stand alone licence:(

nigelpry 04-17-2013 02:44 AM

Also, don't forget, there were many questions asked that did not make it into the live Q&A transcript ... I know because I asked several that were not posted and were not answered.

Meanwhile some questions were asked (by multiple people) and posted multiple times, and answered too, even though they were simply repetition.

Finally, the CPTK announcement was left right to the end, and the Q&A was shut down promptly. I wrote a question that never got sent because by the time I wrote it the system was shut down!

Park Seward 04-17-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelpry (Post 2031279)
Also, don't forget, there were many questions asked that did not make it into the live Q&A transcript ... I know because I asked several that were not posted and were not answered.

Meanwhile some questions were asked (by multiple people) and posted multiple times, and answered too, even though they were simply repetition.

Finally, the CPTK announcement was left right to the end, and the Q&A was shut down promptly. I wrote a question that never got sent because by the time I wrote it the system was shut down!

The presentation was poor. The guys didn't seem to be sure of their answers and they haven't yet posted some basic answers on the DUC. They just drifted around the answers.

Southsidemusic 04-17-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelpry (Post 2031279)

+1

I asked about Apollo Quad Interface and if the "core" drivers will work as usual but that was never adressed but 20-30 repeats regarding Pro Control and MBox 1 and 2 aswell as CPTK was answered 17 times if not more, stopped counting after 17 answers! I think it was a really badly managed q&a and the demo of PT11 was, how should I put it ... budgety to say the least :rolleyes:

I know that there was many many questions and that they had their butts full, however, the repeated answers of these questions could have been adressed with the same "scroll up to find an answer" instead of publishung those duplicates and answer the other peoples questions instead! .. Not impressed .. At all guys ... Poorly done Avid!

musicman691 04-28-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricWillhelm (Post 2030992)

Guest:

Gil Gowing:
Yes

robert miller:
Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybalm (Post 2030998)

This represents something I've always had heartburn with in the chat room questions during a webinar. You can never be sure what question they are answering - they might be answering a question that scrolled off the chat screen or they night be answering a question that just showed up.

Besides that the right side of the chat room window has been cutoff the last couple of webinars - can't see the last few letters of a post if it gets close to the edge.