Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Audio Suite Plugins won't work (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=314257)

composer123 12-25-2011 08:38 AM

Audio Suite Plugins won't work

I haven't used ProTools on my computer in a few years. I came back to it the other day and found the plugins pretend to process (ones like pitch shift, or reverb, I've tried several and none work), but when I play it back, nothing was changed. It will preview it properly as well. I can add reverb as a plugin, and it will work dynamically, but if I want to select a portion and change just that, nothing happens. (No error message either). (Unfortunately, pitch shift is not available as a dynamic plugin, there's no normal reason why one would need it.) I am afraid it may be one of the several Java updates I've had over the years, but I am hoping someone might know of a setting that can be changed. Here's what I am running:

Mac OS X 10.4.11
(Intel-based, 2GB RAM)
Pro Tools 7.1.3
MBox 2 Pro
The plugins are the basic ones that came with ProTools when I bought them.

If there's nothing that can be done about that, perhaps someone can help me with the slightly humorous but annoying problem for which I am trying use Pitch shift:

I recorded a live event on someone else's Macbook, ProTools 8. Because we didn't have the option of saving the session as PT7 session, I just took the audio files and burned them onto CD as wave files. Then I imported them into a new session on my computer. The result? everything was 1.25 semitones higher and the voices sound a little munchkin-ized. The original should be fine, but the owner is going back to college in a week, so I really need to figure something out quick. Any suggestions, apart from spending a week with him and his family as I edit on his computer? :)

Sparky1 12-25-2011 11:26 AM

Re: Audio Suite Plugins won't work

Quote:

Originally Posted by composer123 (Post 1881808)
I
I recorded a live event on someone else's Macbook, ProTools 8. Because we didn't have the option of saving the session as PT7 session, I just took the audio files and burned them onto CD as wave files. Then I imported them into a new session on my computer. The result? everything was 1.25 semitones higher and the voices sound a little munchkin-ized. The original should be fine, but the owner is going back to college in a week, so I really need to figure something out quick. Any suggestions, apart from spending a week with him and his family as I edit on his computer? :)

Sounds like one session was set at 44.1 and the other at 48? Try changing your session rate.

Sparky

Sparky1 12-25-2011 12:14 PM

Forgot to suggest try trashing preferences for your first problem...

Sparky

Rail Jon Rogut 12-25-2011 12:43 PM

Select "Use In Playlist" in the AudioSuite header.

Rail

composer123 12-25-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky1 (Post 1881839)
Sounds like one session was set at 44.1 and the other at 48? Try changing your session rate.

Sparky

Thanks! This worked.

composer123 12-25-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky1 (Post 1881839)

Sparky

Oh, right, that makes sense. Next time (if there is one) I will make sure the sampling rate matches.

composer123 12-25-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail Jon Rogut (Post 1881862)
Select "Use In Playlist" in the AudioSuite header.

Rail

I meant to reply to the "Use in Playlist" suggestion when I said it worked. I am sure the session rate caused the issue to begin with, but the Use in Playlist allowed me to correct the plugins issue.